Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I want peoples opinions on modifying cars

nissanstreetz
08-21-2005, 12:57 AM
Ok so I'm usually on nissanforums.com ok so I pose the question and I tell my story about how I get pulled over at least twice a month for no reason and the only reason I get is oh I thought you were drunk. I get pulled over for no reason just because of what my car looks like and its ridiculous to me. That cops have so much power that they can pull people over just because they want to I think cops should be looked at alot closer and punished way harsher than they are when they do things like this. So whats your guys's opinions on this and cops pulling people over just because their car looks like a street racer? I like this forum more but nobody ever post on here so I have to go to nissanforums.com those guys are so uptight man I have to show yall the damn link here.....

http://nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=102690 tell me what you think lol

solaris=amazing
08-21-2005, 04:44 AM
One thing you should learn......

Sleeper...Know what that means..?

I really hope you aint got a nissan with a 10'' high wing, 30lb fart can, and pep boys graphics on it...OH, and a booming system cranked to max..

If you have none of that, i don't see why a cop would hassle you. They do random sh*t everday..and profiling is one of them, they do look at a car that is "streeted" with black folks in it...I KNOW THAT SH*T ALL TO WELL..

My best friend is indian, and he's got alot of black friends...he got pulled over many times...FOR NO REASON... Me, i'm white...never got pulled over once for random crap...

It's a sick world.. Just cause they see alot of crimes and drug use in bad area's where blacks and latino's are the majority..doesn't give them the right to profile..

Honestly, i wouldn't sign any petition..sorry.. One thing you must know, AUTHORITY ALWAYS WINS..

mason_RsX
08-21-2005, 07:20 AM
In Toronto, the projects are as multicultural as the rest of the city, and yeah there are instances of racial profiling, but that shit doesn't fly here cause white ppl are basically the minority

Either way its a fact that ppl put parts on their car that are not legal...dark window tints are illegal, so are som bolt ons on certain cars...im not cool with the searches but illegal is illegal

nova68
08-21-2005, 12:26 PM
dont street race and you dont get pulled over!

Ace$nyper
08-21-2005, 12:27 PM
learn to deal or kill yourself.

driving a stock car not like an asshat helps. although just being young is reason enough to get pulled over in some places.

King Of Crunk
08-21-2005, 12:58 PM
yeah i get pulled over every once in a while and get bullshit excuses....it's part of life....if you don't act like a punk to them and suck up a ton like i do, they'll leave you alone next time.....

carrrnuttt
08-21-2005, 02:19 PM
You post another off-topic thread in Street Racing, I'll just start deleting them, instead of moving them. I delete too many, I ban you for a week. Next cycle, I ban you permanently. Capisci?

It was tolerated somewhat, when we didn't have a Non-Specific forum just for us that visit the Racing forums, but there is a reason that the NS forum exists.

Mr. Luos
08-21-2005, 03:48 PM
Cops look for rice.

08-21-2005, 04:18 PM
Cops look for rice.

That's probably because you see much more ricers doing stupid shit on the road than you do in stock looking cars.

Mr. Luos
08-21-2005, 05:51 PM
That's probably because you see much more ricers doing stupid shit on the road than you do in stock looking cars.
Exactly.

There are some decent owners of cars that are riced out. They drive just fine on the streets, but the idiots that do have ruined it for them.

I have never been hassled driving my Trans Am. I follow the rules and don't act too stupid when I drive. I like to accelerate fast though, one of these days that will get me.

nissanstreetz
08-21-2005, 08:17 PM
see man thats what I'm talking about you guys are genuinly cool and not dick heads. Man in the nissan forums like I got so much shit because I for one know all about how cops profile yeah its a fact of life. But people on that forum thought people just use it as an excuse and sorry about posting it here I'm still new I still have to learn. Honestly I supported nissan and I even have a nissan vinyl on my windshield just so people know its a Nissan at carshows. people ask me all the time when I'm at car shows "what kinda car is that" I'm so sick of supporting Nissan every Nissan tuner that I have met is a washed up has been and I'm gonna shave off all my emblems and when people ask about my car I'm gonna say don't worry about it. Not because I hate nissan the company but because I hate the nissan enviornment I'm never referring anyone to a nissan ever again and I can finally see why people like hondas and acuras too because people who tune hondas and acuras are open minded like damn so what if I want a show car people have different tastes get on with your life lol

Igovert500
08-21-2005, 11:25 PM
I'm never referring anyone to a nissan ever again and I can finally see why people like hondas and acuras too because people who tune hondas and acuras are open minded like damn so what if I want a show car people have different tastes get on with your life lol

See this I think is just plain retarded. To stereotype based on the car people drive. You are the one coming off sounding ignorant. And to not refer a decently well built car, simply because you don't like other people who own them...what are we...12?

Bottom line, if you are going to have these ridiculous stereotypes...don't start a thread bitching about the stereotyping the cops are doing.

nissanfanatic
08-21-2005, 11:56 PM
I don't get any hassle in my car and I drive somewhat agressive. Not all the time, but I do mess around a lil. I accelerate fast from time to time and I do attempt to initiate races with other modified appearing cars/bikes.

Passing people unsafely and weaving I'll leave to the idiots tho. I prefer just a simple 60-the end pull on an open road to see who has the faster car. After that, I'm pretty much done and give a thumbs up.

My car looks bone stock minus the N1 canister and my FMIC. Gauges are somewhat visible. You have to come to terms with the fact that attention comes from both sides even if you intend to only obtain one sides attention. AKA, getting car people's attention with cosmetic mods also draws police attention by nature. Get used to it.

BTW your link is dead.

dazada
08-22-2005, 12:13 AM
I had a 91 mazda b2200 slammed to the ground with a dark tint and 15" wires with whitewalls. Im white and i got pulled over constantly!!! the cops would follow me for MILES until i touched the centerline then the outer line...as soon as that happend...blue lights. EVERY DAMN TIME they wanted to search my truck...never found a damn thing. it f'n sad.

broddie50
08-22-2005, 10:49 PM
Hey nissianstreetz, you wouldn't happen to have an "aftermarket exhaust" do you? Cops hate listening to fart cannons as much as the average joe. If you don't have said exhaust, then my bad. If your getting pulled over because they thought that you were drunk, stop weaving through traffic and reving at Corvettes...

nissanfanatic
08-23-2005, 12:19 AM
I have an aftermarket exhaust(fart can too)... Whats the problem with it?

Mr. Luos
08-23-2005, 11:42 AM
I have an aftermarket exhaust(fart can too)... Whats the problem with it?
It attracts unwanted attention.

nissanfanatic
08-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Doesn't seem to...

alphalanos
08-23-2005, 10:07 PM
im tempted to get one one of those flowmaster "stock" type mufflers just because mine attracts alot of attention. plus since i got it put on my tastes have changed a little. anyway one thing that annoys me is people are constantly tailgating and weaving and i never see them get pulled over. i mean we can drive right past a cop with this guy like 1 ft. from my bumper and the cop wont even look. i hate that. sometimes i just want to hit the brakes or something.

also i never see sportbikes get pulled over? they go like 80plus at night, with cops in sight, and never have i seen one pulled over...

Add your comment to this topic!