Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 Park Avenue Blower Motor---CRIPES!

dungeoncustoms
08-20-2005, 12:34 PM
Hey all,
My mother's 1994 Buick Park Avenue has a problem that I can't seem to fix. I was sitting in her car the other day with the A/C on and all of the sudden, aair started cooming out of ALL of the vents, not just he dash vents as usual. Her Park Avenue has "digital" heater& A/C controls(just a bunch of buttons with an LCD screen). So, I hit the OFF button, and nothing turned off. I then turned the car off and took the key out. To my surprise, air kept comming out of all of the vents. In other words, the blower motor isn't turning off unless I pull the GIANT 30 amp fuse from under the hood. Just yesterday, I left the blower motor running, with the key off, and slowly but surely pulled out every relay, 1 at a time, that I could find, but none of them made the blower motor shut off. I can't figure out why this blower motor won't cut off unless I pull the fuse.:banghead: I will appreciate any help!
Thanks!
DungeonCustoms

HotZ28
08-20-2005, 01:01 PM
You have a very common problem on these cars, the (blower control module.) It is located on top of the fan box under the fuse and relay section on the firewall. It has two wiring connectors connected to it and usually three screws holding it in the box. You can get a new one from any dealer for around $150.00. It is such a common problem on Buicks and other GM cars with auto climate control, that the dealers usually keep a good supply on hand. You can also check your local salvage yard, (about $50.00) they usually have some at the front counter. Be careful to insist on the same part number as the one you have removed if buying from a salvage yard. (The part number will be on the module). GM made four or five different controllers that look the same, however do not have the same number of wires or the same functions. You do not have a relay for the blower fan because the controller sends variable voltage to the fan to control the speed. Usually the resistors fail in the module and the default voltage is 12V direct to the blower unswitched, therefore your blower runs all the time unless you pull the fuse, disconnect the battery, or pull the plug on the fan itself.

:cheers:

dungeoncustoms
08-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Wow!
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll check that out in the a.m. Thanks for the quick tip too! I'll reply with my findings tomorrow:icon16:

Add your comment to this topic!