Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Prelude si vs NEW Tibouron GT V6

ryanisfast
08-20-2005, 03:40 AM
So, I was driving around with my friend one night. We were looking for races that night, but my stupid a** backed into a post when I was going to talk to some of the guys at the meeting place to race. And since I just hit a post, I was really embarrased, so I left. After that I was driving around and everyone was flashing their lights at me. I thought they were all wanting to race me. Turned out that I was stupid enough to drive for about 15 minutes and even on the freeway without my headlights on. After the two incidents I felt like such an idiot that I was glad I didn't race anyone. I was having a bad day.

So, to the street race. I pull up behind a brand new tibouron gt and we were going at it, but I kept on miss shifting and he kept on starting before I could catch up. Finally, we end up side by side at a stop light. I knew now was the time to really show that the prelude had something. Light went green and I had a head start, then we were side by side keeping up with a way faster car. By the time we hit the next light I was ahead barely. I was so excited. I felt much more competent after winning the race.

therealrayman
08-20-2005, 01:04 PM
props to you. i heard that those gtv6's are fast too. kootos 2 ur lude.

alphalanos
08-20-2005, 01:05 PM
hehe we all have those nights. good win.

Ace$nyper
08-20-2005, 02:01 PM
wow driving 15 mins no lights and hitting somthing and you think your good to street race your lucky a metorite didn't pwn you.

good kill tibbys arn't too much to worry about but eat most hondas with ease

94PreludeJDM
08-20-2005, 04:35 PM
What mods do you have done to your car? If it's still the stock engine, I don't really see this happening. My friend used to have a GT, and we raced all the time, from a stop, from 30mph, from 40mph, and i always won, but never by more than 2 car lengths. Only engine mods we had were AEM CAI, both of us had them. I'm not bashing you though, just wondering.

ryanisfast
08-20-2005, 07:05 PM
I have no mods yet. I just bought an intake, which I will install once I get it. Although I know it sems doubtful, it did happen. And I know he would have beat me if we didn't have to stop at a red light. All I am saying is from stoplight to stop light I won the race. I know he was trying to beat me because he had a girlfriend in his car and he slammed on his brakes and skidded a little bit, so I know he was trying really hard. The thing is I perfectly launched and shifted the best I ever had. The guy probably thought my car was an automatic because I was shifting really good that night. So, I guess it wasn't that my car was faster, but I was just a faster driver, that day anyways. BTW, I never got more than a bumper ahead of him. It's not like I smoked him or anything

g-ride-si
08-20-2005, 08:34 PM
From my experience those tiburons are slow enough to beat a stock civic but not much else. My ex had one and it was a piece of shit 7,000 mi it blew the motor good thing they come with good warranties. Had it fixed and sold it 2 weeks later. Anyway good kills.

dopenoze
08-21-2005, 08:39 PM
my friend's gtv6 w/ i/h/e kills my ls all day. b4 he got the headers it wasn't that much faster but they can definately beat more than civics.

knorwj
08-22-2005, 12:20 AM
i've found the newer tibourons (gtv6) ones to not really be much trouble at all on the street with my integra. never lost to one but haven't really beaten them by alot either. maybe a car lencth at most.

Shpyder
08-23-2005, 01:04 PM
The Koreans unashamedly admit that their engine technology leaves a lot to be desired. The Hyundai V6s are no match for most engines of the same class on the road, but I've heard that the V6 in the new Sonata that just came out is actually pretty good. They have a new 3.8L V6 coming out too, but I wonder if its Mitsus new engine their just borrowing, like the 4g63 NT previously...

nastyNater
08-24-2005, 12:51 PM
From my experience those tiburons are slow enough to beat a stock civic but not much else. My ex had one and it was a piece of shit 7,000 mi it blew the motor good thing they come with good warranties. Had it fixed and sold it 2 weeks later. Anyway good kills.

Wait do you mean fast enough???? or slow enough....???

g-ride-si
08-24-2005, 09:32 PM
it was a joke. they might beat a stock civic but a stock civic is pretty slow. i raced my ex in her tibby with my stock motor with 179,000 miles and a bad clutch she barely pulled on me on the damn highway and it was the 6 speed GT.

nastyNater
08-25-2005, 02:21 AM
it was a joke. they might beat a stock civic but a stock civic is pretty slow. i raced my ex in her tibby with my stock motor with 179,000 miles and a bad clutch she barely pulled on me on the damn highway and it was the 6 speed GT.

is it a stock d-series

ryanisfast
09-13-2005, 09:05 PM

Well, I don't know, It's definetly a lot quicker than a stock civic and also I think the tiburons have five speeds. At leaast I'm pretty sure because one of my friends bought one and it was the gt v6 and I'm pretty sure it was a five speed.

therealrayman
09-14-2005, 06:54 AM
Well, I don't know, It's definetly a lot quicker than a stock civic and also I think the tiburons have five speeds. At leaast I'm pretty sure because one of my friends bought one and it was the gt v6 and I'm pretty sure it was a five speed.

don't drag up old threads to boost your count, someone close this thread please.

ryanisfast
09-14-2005, 04:17 PM
don't drag up old threads to boost your count, someone close this thread please.

What do you mean "boost your count"?

Add your comment to this topic!