Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Monte Carlo Powersteering Pressure Line Replacement/Removal

Waffle_King
08-19-2005, 02:50 PM
ok... this is my first time posting on this forum so please bear with me ok guys and girls... i'm haveing trouble on removing the powersteering pressure line on my 95 Monte Carlo LS... i've looked my both of my car books on how to replace them but all it says is replace the powersteering pump... its the pressure line... :eek7: so now i'm here asking for some help... my uncle was telling me that i could remove the top motor mounts and then i could move the engine forward some and i could get to the where its connected to the steering colum, or whatever its connected too.... :eek7: but is there a manual for this some where i could look up online somewhere or something... or does anyone know form exp. on just how to fix it? please, i need some help before i burn out the pump...

well guys and girls.... be cool and eat a waffle :smokin:

corning_d3
08-31-2005, 02:17 AM
Your uncle is referring to the "dog bones" or upper motor mounts that are bolted to the radiator support and the engine. Removing both long bolts on the engine side of the mounts allows the motor to "rock" back and forth on it's lower mounts, making it easier to change hard to reach parts (spark plugs, sensors). after removing them, you can chain/tie the engine in a forward position. It's not gonna give a whole lot of room, but it should be enough clearance. another option, although you have to have proper equipment, is to support the engine with a special support tool, raise the vehicle and remove the engine cradle. But this route should be left to a technician with experience.

Add your comment to this topic!