Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

blazer intermittly won't start or just dies at times and wacky gas gauge movement

greenblazer72
08-19-2005, 11:07 AM
I been having a starting problem on my 97 blazer somtimes it will start up and somtimes takes a few attempts and somtimes the truck just dies. I noticed that when it won't start back up I don't get dash lights and indicators along with the gas gauge needle pegged out then after starting a couple of times and I get the dash lights and indicators,gas gauge reading normal the truck will start can anyone help. PS I also get a tranny code that comes up at times to. Thanks

mikevdm
08-19-2005, 11:51 AM
Well I have been battling the fuel pump gremlins and that is exactly what happend before my second fuel pump went bad. I am now on my third fuel pump. I went with OEM this time!

BlazerLT
08-19-2005, 12:10 PM
I been having a starting problem on my 97 blazer somtimes it will start up and somtimes takes a few attempts and somtimes the truck just dies. I noticed that when it won't start back up I don't get dash lights and indicators along with the gas gauge needle pegged out then after starting a couple of times and I get the dash lights and indicators,gas gauge reading normal the truck will start can anyone help. PS I also get a tranny code that comes up at times to. Thanks

Ignition switch bro.

It is a black module in the steering column and is the 1997's problem.

L98Driver
08-19-2005, 12:11 PM
i know for a fact that alot of gm cars and trucks have problems with their gas guages

greenblazer72
08-19-2005, 12:53 PM
Ignition switch bro.

It is a black module in the steering column and is the 1997's problem.
Thanks man, I kinda thought that maybe there was a ground problem, but this infact also makes sense I'll address this thanks again.

Rick Norwood
08-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Thanks man, I kinda thought that maybe there was a ground problem, but this infact also makes sense I'll address this thanks again.

do a Google search on this number.

01-07-30-002c

You will get the GM service bulletin that gives you a lot of information on this exact problem. :naughty:

Add your comment to this topic!