Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

need unrestricted air flow for new intake

lynx5
08-19-2005, 09:23 AM
hey i put a performance intake Weapon X in for my 93 1.6 mx5 miata and i noticed little to no performance increase almost so its being restricted from the sensor i think cause you have to have that stock sensor still in or the car wont function properly so my question is does anyone know how to get around this if you can maybe program something on the computer to make the sesnor not be so restrictive or something im sure thats gotta be a way around this or how would anyone get good air flow into this car which is nesscarry if your doing something like racing or whatever which must have been done on this car, so anyway any ideas? thanks.

96mx5
08-19-2005, 05:56 PM
An intake isent really going to give you horsepower you can "feel". When someone says an NA part gives them some power they can feel its just wishfull thinking.. You can remove the MAF sensor but you will need a stand alone ecu to do so. Such as an FM link or AEM.

lynx5
08-19-2005, 09:04 PM
of course you can feel more horsepower from a performance intake and the air rushing to the engine i have one on my sunfire man does it suck air like its out of breath alot faster, much much better then stock..

lynx5
08-22-2005, 06:02 PM
ok i fixed it i just popped in a different air filter the ractive one with the heatshield on it and its working now pretty decent more air flow though sadly not as much as i would have thought for example the intake on my sunfire pumps a lot more air into it and i tried with that same filter so maybe the big ass sensor is being restrictive but yes its working now better then no increase thats for sure. sweet.

travisto
11-09-2005, 05:55 PM
:smile: I'm glad its working better for you, you should ceck out aem though the stock maf sensor plugs right into the aem intake but the main issue especially in a lower priced intake is that the cone filter sucks! or should I say it doesn't suck air buy a k&n cone for your intake! :smokin: Good luck

mx52nv
11-29-2005, 01:23 PM
oh my goodness....

Add your comment to this topic!