Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ground net

apostrophe28
08-19-2005, 12:20 AM
okay so, ive been reading about a grounding kit and how it can give you a better idle better, throttle response, and even a lil hp. the only thing i dont get is how to connect the diffrent wires
do I:
-have them randomly connected to each other
-do a sort of daisy chain from one to another
-or just run each wire back to the negitve battery terminal

also ive read that the only grounding points needed are
-around the throttle linkage
-on the back of the upper intake
-to the body by the headlight
-on the hicas regulator
......are there anymore places i should connect this

i desided to take on this project when i found about 15 feet of 4 gauge wire from a previous audio system in my car...

k3smostwanted
08-19-2005, 01:52 AM
okay so, ive been reading about a grounding kit and how it can give you a better idle better, throttle response, and even a lil hp. the only thing i dont get is how to connect the diffrent wires
do I:
-have them randomly connected to each other
-do a sort of daisy chain from one to another
-or just run each wire back to the negitve battery terminal

also ive read that the only grounding points needed are
-around the throttle linkage
-on the back of the upper intake
-to the body by the headlight
-on the hicas regulator
......are there anymore places i should connect this

i desided to take on this project when i found about 15 feet of 4 gauge wire from a previous audio system in my car...

hmm...
well you usually buy them in kits that are car specific and they sometimes come with direction specifically for the car. basically it is a net of wires that all trace back to a single board and then to your main Battery Ground. basically just find out where they connect for sure or look at some pictures on cardomain of some guys that have them and see where all they put the grounding cables.

and, yes...some cars are not grounded very well from the factory and thus adding a better grounding system can free up some response from the motor and its accessories.

stephenp
08-19-2005, 06:25 AM
close the the plugs is a good start, near the alternator to help eliminate radio transfer, near the coil, close to elct. sensors that relie on resistance grounding, one at the base of the dist. on the adj. screw, on the fuel pump mounting bracket, on the inj. fuel rail, on one of the screws that mount the ecu to the frame, and if i missed any ill tell you but that aught to help on the grounding mission

stephenp
08-19-2005, 06:30 AM
sorry first one was close to the plugs as in mounted somewhere on each head should have one or 2 scew pockets open on there somewhere.
and might want some on the block itself i think i forgot to mention that one
but any way good luck
and for another little helper one near your starter if its not already there

Add your comment to this topic!