Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Problem -right front tire squeaks

ocho
08-18-2005, 06:24 PM
I don't personally own a Santa Fe, but we bought one for my mom in 2002 and soon after (maybe 6 months to a year) it began to squeak when driving. We have had it in to be checked out numerous times only to have them tell us numerous different stories about the nature of the problem with the last story being that it is a defect and they can't fix it. It seems as though they have no clue how the vehicle works and don't want to admit it. Does anyone out there have a similar problem with their Santa Fe?

~Squeaky~

lowsonoma1999
08-19-2005, 09:19 AM
I don't personally own a Santa Fe, but we bought one for my mom in 2002 and soon after (maybe 6 months to a year) it began to squeak when driving. We have had it in to be checked out numerous times only to have them tell us numerous different stories about the nature of the problem with the last story being that it is a defect and they can't fix it. It seems as though they have no clue how the vehicle works and don't want to admit it. Does anyone out there have a similar problem with their Santa Fe?

~Squeaky~

Is it in the tire, or the suspension. If it's in the suspension, I have seen this a few times. There are a few things it could be. More commonly, it is the upper strut mount and spring cushions. Most recently, it was the cradle bolts. Don't know why it fixed it, but a Hyundai engineer was out here and looked at the vehicle and told us to remove the cradle bolts completely, and reinstall them. That fixed the problem. Have them check those out. If it's from the strut mount, they should have been able to figure it out. The cradle bolt thing is relatively new issue that they just recently found the fix for.

CFrenchV
03-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Is it in the tire, or the suspension. If it's in the suspension, I have seen this a few times. There are a few things it could be. More commonly, it is the upper strut mount and spring cushions. Most recently, it was the cradle bolts. Don't know why it fixed it, but a Hyundai engineer was out here and looked at the vehicle and told us to remove the cradle bolts completely, and reinstall them. That fixed the problem. Have them check those out. If it's from the strut mount, they should have been able to figure it out. The cradle bolt thing is relatively new issue that they just recently found the fix for.

My Santa Fe started this same thing last year so when I had the 34 point care done they did not say my brakes were bad; yesterday I took it in for inspection and they said the brakes were fine yet the noise has gotten increasingly worse; what should be done? Is this suppose to be covered by the warantee? Of course my car will be paid off the end of this year and I'm worried something will go wrong the month after my last payment

Add your comment to this topic!