Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fuel gage on 99 v6 4x4 messed up

Cook Painting
08-17-2005, 09:06 PM
My fuel levels are very messed up. I can fill it up and it will read full for about 5-10 miles then it will fluctuate from full to empty will light flashing...then will drop relativily fast. When I fill up it only take 4-6 gallons. According to my calculations I am only getting 10 mpg not 17. Any help would be great. Thanks

mbn6967
08-30-2005, 07:52 AM
My fuel levels are very messed up. I can fill it up and it will read full for about 5-10 miles then it will fluctuate from full to empty will light flashing...then will drop relativily fast. When I fill up it only take 4-6 gallons. According to my calculations I am only getting 10 mpg not 17. Any help would be great. Thanks
Well concerning the fuel gauge lights, I was having the same problem with my 99 Amigo 4cyc, it fluctuated afor about a month and just yesterday my fuel pump went out. It could have been that the sending unit quit.. At the moment a new one is 300$. I haven't got the total number for the repairs yet. It has 80.000 miles on it and it runs great other that quiting on me yesterday for the first time. Also make sure your gas cap is good and has a tight seal.

brayburks
10-03-2005, 08:18 PM
Mine does the same thing. 99 amigo V6(50k). From what I could find out by researching the web, it seems to be a common problem with the rodeo's and amigo's. with the rodeo's, you can change just the sending unit to fix the fuel gage. With the 99 amigo V6, you have to replace the whole fuel pump assembly. $259 at Isuzu dealer, $158 at Advance Auto stores. I will just use my odometer for now. I'm not ready to put that much time and money into it if it's not necessary.

If someone knows an easier fix, please let us know. :naughty:

amigo-2k
10-03-2005, 09:27 PM
BB

you just need a fuel sending unit, and you can just replace that on you Amigo for under 50 bucks.

brayburks
12-01-2005, 10:03 PM
BB

you just need a fuel sending unit, and you can just replace that on you Amigo for under 50 bucks.

I just checked with the local isuzu dealership. They told me that a sending unit alone is not available for the 99' Amigo or Rodeo Sport. It is available for the Rodeo, though. I thought that the sending unit for the Rodeo would fit the Amigo, but he said there was a note in his computer that said the part would not fit the Amigo or Rodeo Sport. I'm still looking for that less expensive fix.

rambo1214
12-02-2005, 10:48 AM
98 rodeo fuel sending unit $50 dealer and I know it works on the 99 Rodeo S because that is what I did in June 04 to pass E-check in Ohio when I transferred the registration from Missouri. It took me and a friend to replace the fuel sending unit on my 4cyl rodeo around 3 and a half hours. It was one of the easiest things I have fixed on a vehicle.

rambo1214
12-02-2005, 10:50 AM
PS the dealer will also tell you it will not fit. I got the fix from Isuzu's 800# when I badgered the poor guy who answered the phone and tried to transfer me to a "case worker"

Add your comment to this topic!