Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Aftermarket keyless entry, alarm and remote start installation.

blazer_guy86
08-16-2005, 11:40 PM
As some of yall may know i have been having some trouble on a keyless entry system on my 98 ls. It did not come with a factory keyless entry system so i got the parts for a factory system but dealer said it wouldn't work. They suggested an aftermarket system. So i found one on ebay that has keyless entry, remote start, and alarm.

I just need to know how hard this would be to install myself. I am somewhat good at electrical systems (considering my dad is a master electrician) and feel plenty comfortable taking things apart.

If anyone has installed one of these for themselves or can give me any help at all, i would appreciate it. Thanx!!!

Here's the system if it helps. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-REMOTE-CAR-ALARM-KEYLESS-ENTRY-REMOTE-STARTER-SYSTEM_W0QQitemZ7993971625QQcategoryZ33721QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

JC327
08-17-2005, 01:59 AM
It's part of what I do for a living. They can be a bit tricky, particularly the remote start, but if you are familiar with the blazer's electrical system and not uncomfortable doing the job then go for it.

Be sure you have all of the information you need dealing with the power lock system in particular. The Blazer has a system that is a little bit tricky and "experimentation" can damage it permanently.

Add your comment to this topic!