Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Blinkers and Brake lights are out

vanrebl
08-16-2005, 08:41 PM
my blinkers and brake lights went out all the sudden.... altenator went bad it froze up...so i put a new belt and altenator on.....now i have no blinkers and Brake lights.....fuses are all good

thanks for the help in advance :grinno:

crazycory1
08-17-2005, 07:43 AM
What year s10?

OverBoardProject
08-17-2005, 11:58 AM
Check the bulbs

vanrebl
08-17-2005, 06:03 PM
sorry ...it is an 92 s-10 Blazer 4.3 ....i checked all the bulbs and fuses they are all good....is there a relay or anything under the hood i might wanna check that may have went out....it is just odd cause there on two different cuircuts.......and they both just went out.

thanks again for your replies
vanrebl

vanrebl
08-17-2005, 09:56 PM
my blinkers and brake lights went out all the sudden.... altenator went bad it froze up...so i put a new belt and altenator on.....now i have no blinkers and Brake lights.....fuses are all good

thanks for the help in advance :grinno:

Since my first post i discovered that all the lights work when i turn on the instrament lights switch(the switch right under the headlight switch) so i know all bulbs are good and fuses are good ....is there a relay or resistor under the dash or hood ?......that could cause the blinkers and brake lights to not work?

92 s-10 Blazer 4.3 4x4

thanks for the help ....... :grinno:
vanrebl

tom3
08-19-2005, 08:34 AM
That's about the wierdest problem I've heard of. Only connection is the cancelling switch in the steering column and that's only for the rear lights. Brake lights get full time power, turn signals are switched with ignition.

Add your comment to this topic!