Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hollywood and Highland

emadboy200
05-03-2002, 05:09 PM
Any one ever been there? I have been wanting to go check out, but I don't want to get pulled over or even worse have some one break into my car. Plus they have a no cruising thing going on and pull over all the fixed up cars.

RedY2KCivic
05-03-2002, 06:29 PM
Ooh, I've wanted to go, but I haven't been. I have a friend that went, and he videotaped like hours of it. It looked sooooo sweet. :D

DMC12
05-03-2002, 06:32 PM
I wasn't impressed. Its basically an outdoor mall with all the same old shlt... Oakley, Starbucks, California Pizza Kitchen, McD's, $9.00 movie theatre, etc... B F D It was such a let-down :(

They do have a parking garage around back if you're concerned about your ride.

RedY2KCivic
05-03-2002, 06:33 PM
Isn't he talking about the cruises they have down there?

DMC12
05-03-2002, 06:37 PM
"Hollywood & Highland" is the name of the new shopping complex built on the corner of Hollywood & Highland.

The No-Cruising law is enforced in West Hollywood (on Sunset where all the clubs are). But there are so many people that break it! I mean, every other car is a BALLER in an Escalade. WERD. But if you go & get pulled over, just tell them you're going to the Beverly Hotel for a club meeting or your friend's house in Santa Monica (anything but "I'm going to a bar").

emadboy200
05-03-2002, 06:39 PM
I heard the cops are pretty strict over on sunset. I saw something on the news this morning about them extending the no cruising rule to Hollywood Blvd in front of Hollywood and Highland.Thats why I mentioned it.

RedY2KCivic
05-03-2002, 06:41 PM
Yeah, I guess it used to take HOURS to get down the street because it was so packed with people cruising, and they had no other choice.

DMC12
05-03-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by emadboy200
extending the no cruising rule to Hollywood Blvd in front of Hollywood and Highland.

I don't know why they would... maybe that is just the easiest landmark for people. H&H is pretty far from the Sunset strip.

About two summers ago, the cops handed out flyers explaining that we were being taped, and any car that passed the camera more than twice would be sent a ticket for "cruising". But that was a while ago & haven't seen any crackdowns since. Maybe they're back?

RedY2KCivic
05-03-2002, 06:45 PM
Kind of like the whole red light deal? You get a ticket in the mail one day? Man, that sucks.

DMC12
05-03-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by RedY2KCivic
Yeah, I guess it used to take HOURS to get down the street because it was so packed with people cruising, and they had no other choice.

It still takes hours, depending on the time U show up! And to top it off, there's hoods hanging out on street corners. They look like they're just gonna run up & car-jack you. I was there last Saturday at 2AM and it took us an hour to get from H&H to the CHop House Ranch (place with mechanical bull).

RedY2KCivic
05-03-2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by DMC12

It still takes hours, depending on the time U show up! And to top it off, there's hoods hanging out on street corners. They look like they're just gonna run up & car-jack you. I was there last Saturday at 2AM and it took us an hour to get from H&H to the CHop House Ranch (place with mechanical bull).

OMG!
Well I've wanted to go, but I think I'll ride in someone elses car. :D

emadboy200
05-03-2002, 06:47 PM
I went down sunset a couple of weekends ago with some friends, and there were police cars stationed in the middle of the street looking at all the cars that were passing by.

RedY2KCivic
05-03-2002, 06:51 PM
I went down sunset a couple of weekends ago with some friends, and there were police cars stationed in the middle of the street looking at all the cars that were passing by.

We have the same thing, but it's on Sunrise Blvd. lol Kind of ironic.
But yeah, they have the 'no cruising' signs up, and they actually turn off all of the streetlights so that they flash red, so we have to stop at every light, and the popos sit at every light either waiting to see you more than 2 times, or to see you run it or do something to get you.

DMC12
05-03-2002, 06:51 PM

That sucks!!! I haven't had problems in my Suburban... but then again I don't have bling-bling on it.

I guess what it amounts to is "luck of the draw" as to whether or not you'll get stopped. Do you feel lucky?

emadboy200
05-03-2002, 06:54 PM

That sucks!!! I haven't had problems in my Suburban... but then again I don't have bling-bling on it.

I guess what it amounts to is "luck of the draw" as to whether or not you'll get stopped. Do you feel lucky?

I don't think I'll be that lucky in either of my cars. My mustang has no front plates, and the exhaust on civic is really loud even with the silencer on it.

RedY2KCivic
05-03-2002, 06:57 PM

My mustang has no front plates, and the exhaust on civic is really loud even with the silencer on it.

I got popped for the plates a few weeks ago, and my exhaust is hella loud too. :uhoh:

DMC12
05-03-2002, 06:59 PM
Well, just rent an s2000!!! :D :D

On the positive side, it is an experinece that ya gotta do at least once.

DMC12
05-03-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by RedY2KCivic
I got popped for the plates a few weeks ago

Same here... PIG saw my Euro plate on my Mercedes & gave me a ticket. I see Euro plates all the time, but I guess somethign was up his ass...

OOOOHHH! 5PM, time to go...

jOYRiDe
05-03-2002, 08:10 PM
On the positive side, it is an experinece that ya gotta do at least once. i'll make sure to drop by when im in cali later this year :coolguy:

Add your comment to this topic!