Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Aftermarket and wire harness

XPC2004
08-16-2005, 11:29 AM
I've searched the threads, found some answeres, but I'm just a bit confused on one small item.

I have a wireharness adaptor, it has two black (ground obviously) wires and the aftermarket harness has one . The one ground from the aftermarket harness is black, no strip, and the two on the harness adaptor are , on black (solid) and one Black with white stripe.
My question is, since they are all grounds, can I just solder them together and pray it works? It's only ground.

thanks for your input...

XPC2004
08-17-2005, 08:37 AM
I've searched the threads, found some answeres, but I'm just a bit confused on one small item.

I have a wireharness adaptor, it has two black (ground obviously) wires and the aftermarket harness has one . The one ground from the aftermarket harness is black, no strip, and the two on the harness adaptor are , on black (solid) and one Black with white stripe.
My question is, since they are all grounds, can I just solder them together and pray it works? It's only ground.

thanks for your input...

Well don't that beat all, they sold me a) the wrong wiring harness (was for every year but mine), and b) the wrong faceplate to handle the aftermarket radio (it said blazer on it, so they assumed it would work, me, I'm a newbie, what do I know).

*astards, ah well. All fixed, now have a nice new mp3/wma/cd player with a usb port for all my listening pleasures... ahhhhhhh..

Add your comment to this topic!