Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Gasoline Prices, will this change your driving habits?

Welshmun
08-15-2005, 09:49 PM
Hi all. Well as of today August 15 2005 a gal of petrol is $2:55. I for one have started to cut my speed down by 10 or 15 miles. I work the afternoon shift and there is not much traffic so I leave five minutes early and set the cruise control on the old Buick for 55. I am also watching my trips and planing them out so I can run errands on the way too work. Are any of you changeing your driving habits to the ridiculous price of fuel? What a huge ripoff and we the consumers of this land are in the middle.

Tiburon99
08-15-2005, 09:56 PM
ah, lukily my car gets hell of a lot mpg, dont have to fill up my tank for like 2 weeks, and is only 25 bucks when i do. got a o2 cavi non-eco 115 hp, most econimical engine you can get b/f you hit hybrid. just waitin for some crazy asshole to go to a gas station and blow him and his car up the way these prices are going.

Peter Solarik
08-17-2005, 10:32 AM
The problem with America is that most of the driving public loves to drive those big gas suckers.
I get with my Buick 3.1 engine (2000 Century) around 8 litres per 100 km. That is quite a good gas economy.
In Europe in sixties, I was driving Skoda car, four cylinder, 2. litres engine and got the same economy. Biuck has 6 cylinders. The engine development since sixties is quite something!
Oil market experts are predicting $1.50 price (per gallon) in Canada in next 6 months. Time to dig out from my garrage the old bycycle...

BNaylor
08-18-2005, 11:25 PM
The problem with America is that most of the driving public loves to drive those big gas suckers.
I get with my Buick 3.1 engine (2000 Century) around 8 litres per 100 km. That is quite a good gas economy.
In Europe in sixties, I was driving Skoda car, four cylinder, 2. litres engine and got the same economy. Biuck has 6 cylinders. The engine development since sixties is quite something!
Oil market experts are predicting $1.50 price (per gallon) in Canada in next 6 months. Time to dig out from my garrage the old bycycle...

I agree, we've got a big problem in the U.S. with people driving gas guzzler like SUVs. It doesn't matter how much you conserve because others don't follow suit. What we need is a rude awakening like the 1973 Arab Oil embargo. I just paid $2.65 (US) a gallon for mid-grade and its going up and up.

tman
08-20-2005, 01:20 AM
2.75 a gallon for premium is a bit high, but although I can't control the oil prices(oh boy I wish I could!) I'm not changing anything. I drive about 10 miles a day generally, so there isn't much I could do anyway. If gas wasn't so pricy, maybe I could afford a car with better than 14mpg

Add your comment to this topic!