Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

flap on filler neck

swpeters
08-15-2005, 09:10 PM
I have an 05 tb and I was fueling up for only the second or third time the other day and I noticed that there is not a flap on the top of the filler neck where the gas nozzle is inserted. I swore that there had been one but I am not sure. Does anyone know if there is supposed to be one and if mine fell in the tank is it a big deal?

coolblink
08-16-2005, 11:44 AM
i dont have one so unless were two unlucky people i take it its not suppose to have one maybe thats why the manuel says to tighten the gas cap or the check engine light comes on. Any one else ?????

dh4645
08-17-2005, 07:56 AM
i'll check mine tonight and let you know

coolblink
08-18-2005, 04:02 PM
ok i just put gas this morning man $80 bucks to fill her up any way i notice that the little flap is their except for some reason it was stuck in the open position then when i took the pump out al off a suden it shut, so any way to make a point i do have the flap so i would check with your dealer

Schurkey
08-18-2005, 06:28 PM
My '03 has a restrictor and spring-loaded flap just below where the filler cap would fit.

Should be required by law to prevent a leaded-gas nozzle from fitting into the filler tube.

A possibility: Since this is designed to keep leaded fuel out of the fuel tank, I wonder if it's covered by the emissions warranty which can be longer than 3/36 in some cases. The warranty guide in the owner's manual might have more info.

coolblink
08-25-2005, 12:33 PM
hey so what happen did Chevy fix it for you or did they just blow you off

swpeters
08-25-2005, 04:50 PM
hey so what happen did Chevy fix it for you or did they just blow you off
actually, i stopped by the lot sunday night after work and checked out the ones that were on the lot. none of the 05's had one, so I guess I am all right. I'll ask about it next time i'm in for service.

dach95
08-27-2005, 09:24 PM
Just checked mine and I don't seem to have a flap either.... Plus, when I fill up, if I want a few extra cents to make the next dollar, I risk spilling... Happened to me a few times already. One time even worse, the pump didn't stop and I spilled a quart out....

Add your comment to this topic!