Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Power door locks wiring

Ford SuperCrew 01
08-14-2005, 11:28 PM
I have a Lund Hard tonneau installed with the electric locks. The dealer had never done the wiring hookup for this Tonneau. Does anyone know what wires i'm going to splice into? The guide that with it tell me 2 different sets for 2001 ford f150 . I saw another someplace else that the wires were different for the Supercrew. My truck is a 2001 f150 supercrew lariat 5.4. Any help would be appreciated, I know the wires are located in the driver kick panel. Thanks in advance for any help.

draasch
08-15-2005, 06:15 PM
Does the motor you have, have two wires on it? If so, you will need to run two wire ups to one of the doors and tie into the door lock motors in the front doors or rear doors. There should be two wires...a pink/orange and pink/black. Hook up to those wires. Hook the two wires on the new motor to the above wires. If you hook them up the wrong way, the new motor will work opposite of the rest of the doors. Just reverse your wires…..e-mail me if you have any more questions….

David

Ford SuperCrew 01
08-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Does the motor you have, have two wires on it? If so, you will need to run two wire ups to one of the doors and tie into the door lock motors in the front doors or rear doors. There should be two wires...a pink/orange and pink/black. Hook up to those wires. Hook the two wires on the new motor to the above wires. If you hook them up the wrong way, the new motor will work opposite of the rest of the doors. Just reverse your wires…..e-mail me if you have any more questions….

David

Yes the motor has 2 wires and i tried those 2 wires with no juice. I'll have to try again tomorrow and test again. it's fairly simple just couldn't get the right wires and didn't want to keep splicing wires. Thanks again ..i'll try it tuesday.

draasch
08-18-2005, 03:25 PM
check the wires at the switch and make sure you have power there......

Ford SuperCrew 01
08-18-2005, 09:09 PM
check the wires at the switch and make sure you have power there......

Yep thanks got it first post sorry.... was very simple ...had the right wires before don't know why didn't work maybe bad connection ...idk...
thanks

Add your comment to this topic!