Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Racing Wheel

Rein
05-03-2002, 01:05 AM
My dad's frind just got in a car accident and he was telling me how much it costs to get the damned airbag installed again. He advised me to just get rid of the steering wheel and get a racing one. What's involved in taking off my stock steering wheel and replacing it with , let's say, a Momo? Also, is it possible to hook up the horn to the NOS buttons, or the cruise control?

crxlvr
05-03-2002, 08:48 PM
there are only two or three bolts holding in the stock wheel, just remove those and your done, especially if the airbag has gone off, you will need a steering wheel mount for the momo and the horn can be connected to one of those red buttons on the whell.

Rein
05-04-2002, 01:23 AM
Well, my airbag hasnt gone off, he's just thinking towards the future. So what's everything I need? And are there any tutorials to how to wire the horn?

sparq
05-04-2002, 01:41 AM
Uhhhh, wouldnt you want your airbag incase you got in an accident? Insurance will pay for a new airbag and if you REMOVE the airbag and you have severe trauma they might not pay your medical bills as its illegal to remove an airbag in an airbag equipted vehicle.

crxlvr
05-04-2002, 08:27 PM
it is also very hard to remove an airbag equipped wheel, as you need to know the correct wires to remove so the bag doesnt blow in you face, plus sparq is right, you also get an insurance discount for having an airbag, so why not just keep it. if you want to dress up your wheel and keep the bag, their are many aftermarket covers and such that look stock but are a much better improvement in the looks dept.

GSteg
05-04-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by sparq
Uhhhh, wouldnt you want your airbag incase you got in an accident? Insurance will pay for a new airbag and if you REMOVE the airbag and you have severe trauma they might not pay your medical bills as its illegal to remove an airbag in an airbag equipted vehicle.

thats why u replace it with pillows instead:D it's softer and washable. best of all.. most are 100% cotton. don't get duck feather pillows. they'll poke you when you try to sleep. been there already:p

Add your comment to this topic!