Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

tt swap

noodles2076
08-14-2005, 12:54 PM
ok ive tried posting this into the frontier forums but that area is pretty much dead so im going to try it here.

ok i have a 2003 frontier xe kingcab with the ka24de in it. as an option the frontier has the vg33de v6. what i was wondering is if the engine from the tt 300zx(z32) would be an easy swap or not. ducting for the intercoolers and pacement for thenm isnt much of a problem caus ethere is alot of room infront of the radiator.

i just wanted to knopw if this acually feasable or not. any info as to what i would need besides a front clip and what years would fit best is much apprecated thanx.

freakonaleash1187
08-14-2005, 02:09 PM
well, seeing as nobody has probably never seen/heard of this kind of swap, you would be the first one to do. but anything is feasible with the right amount of money and time, it would take A LOT of fabrication work. every year of the Z32 has the same engine, so years wouldnt matter. may i ask why you want to do this?

k3smostwanted
08-14-2005, 02:15 PM
i think it would be easier to swap in the Supercharged VG33DE(R) and modify that.

im sure the VG30DETT can be swapped in but remember...the Z32 is a much wider car than the frontier and the VG30DE(TT) is almost wall to wall in teh Z32 engine bay. just a thought...it is kind of ironic that you bring this up because i just read about a guy who swapped in the VG33DE(R) frontier motor into his Z31.

i dont know if it would work or it wouldnt or how much fabrication it would take. it may be a much better option to just go ahead and but a Z32TT or trade in your truck for the one with the VG33. beings it is practically brand new...just an idea. im sure their are performance sites to modify the VG33 and there is always Nismo packages.

ZedEx
08-14-2005, 02:21 PM
I'd say trade in your Frontier... And join the Dark Side :evillol:

-Wes

stephenp
08-14-2005, 08:42 PM
im thinking of getting an old nissan harbody 4x4 and boosting it if that counts for anything

Add your comment to this topic!