Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Firebird Or Wrangler???

wilson05
08-14-2005, 12:49 PM
i have this posted on here and on the FIREBIRD forum to get an equal view but heres my situation i drive about 40 miles to college 5 days a week and as you can probably tell i own a 95 wrangler hardtop 5 speed with 117000 miles and 30 x 9.50 tires well of course its not the smoothest ride in the world and down the road at one of my local used auto sales there is a 95 firebird red with a 3.4L 5 speed and 157000 miles and a new clutch. the only special thing on it is the tires which if i might add are kick ass well the stereo is aftermarket but thats beside the point no t-tops or n e thing like that .... but the jeep isnt the smoothest ride and the firebird has quite a bit on it and believe me riding in a jeep down the highway at 65 or 70 isnt fun.... but i need some opinions the guy i talked to told me i could trade him the jeep for the car even and i talked him into putting a nice exhaust on it for me. what should i do should i make the trade and get rid of the jeep ?? or should i keep the jeep and pass the bird up???

bf1049
08-14-2005, 10:16 PM
I would seriously check book values for both vehicles before making an even trade. With the way Wranglers hold their value, and the way plain jane V-6 firebirds with 157,000 miles lose theirs, you're probably getting the darker end of the stick on that deal. Why don't you try to sell the Jeep first, and then go talk the dealer down to buy the firebird outright? You'll probably have money left over afterwards.

fredjacksonsan
08-15-2005, 12:15 PM
I wouldn't buy any used vehicle with almost 160K on it.

GreenJeep10
08-15-2005, 09:01 PM
The Wrangler you have if it is in good shape and no problems would be the the one to keep. Alot of the time sports cars with that many miles on them has been run through the mill. Esp. if a younger person has had it. I'd keep the Jeep but if you want a smoother ride look for something with less miles. GJ10

Add your comment to this topic!