Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1990 passat please help!

sknox
08-13-2005, 02:46 PM
1990 passat gl

Can anyone enlighten me a bit as to the workings of the fuel distributor on this engine? When it warms up it starts to skip just like a bad plug or bad wire, as this problem progresses it seems like no fuel is getting to one or more cylanders. It only hapens when the engine compartment is hot, so this made it seem like a temperature sensor related problem, or a knock sensor problem, all of which have been eliminated. The problem worsens when the air conditioner is turned on, does anyone know of any electrical issiues with the a/c on these cars?
Is it possible to eliminate the fuel distributor with something like a megasquirt system ? or would it be best to rebuild/replace the original distributor?
Also exactly where under the back seat can I find the fusses for the restraint system?

Thanks

passatGLwgn
08-13-2005, 05:58 PM
1990 passat gl

Can anyone enlighten me a bit as to the workings of the fuel distributor on this engine? When it warms up it starts to skip just like a bad plug or bad wire, as this problem progresses it seems like no fuel is getting to one or more cylanders. It only hapens when the engine compartment is hot, so this made it seem like a temperature sensor related problem, or a knock sensor problem, all of which have been eliminated. The problem worsens when the air conditioner is turned on, does anyone know of any electrical issiues with the a/c on these cars?
Is it possible to eliminate the fuel distributor with something like a minisquirt system ? or would it be best to rebuild/replace the original distributor?
Also exactly where under the back seat can I find the fusses for the restraint system?

Thanks

I have the 1991 year.I replaced my coolant sensor.Also my Fuel pressure regulator.Runs like a scared Cat again.

Add your comment to this topic!