Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Bah...New Problem...Radiator Fluid comming up under passanger floormat

s10_blzer
08-12-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm having what I want to say is radiatior fluid comming up from under my passanger side floormat.....and was wondering what could cause this problem. Seems to be never ending problems with my blazer but I'm gonna keep on truckin' hah well any possible diagnoisis and solutions would be greatly apperciated. Thank you!

blazee
08-12-2005, 07:26 PM
Sounds like your heater core is leaking. You will have to dismantle the dash to replace it. It isn't a very fun job. Under the hood you will see two hoses entering the firewall. You can connect these two hose together to bypass the heater, so that you can drive it until you can replace the core. Do a search for "heater core" to get more info

JC327
08-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Yep, leaking heater core. Whew, have fun with that one...

s10blazerman4x4
08-12-2005, 08:09 PM
http://www.sytyarchives.com/howto/viewarticle.php?article_name=heater_core.php&dir=climate_controls

If you follow that link it will still be fun but that helps alot because it gives you general idea what fun it is

s10_blzer
08-13-2005, 12:11 AM
friend trying to tell me its tranny fluid...any chance to this?

blazee
08-13-2005, 01:07 AM
Not unless you spilled a quart of tranny fluid in the floor.

JC327
08-13-2005, 02:14 AM
Yeah, if you've got tranny fluid leaking onto your floorboard, you need to sell that thing now, it's REALLY messed up...

s10blazerman4x4
08-13-2005, 05:53 AM
Take your face and put it against the carpet

slacker_53
08-13-2005, 08:55 AM
Stick your finger in it and taste it, antifreeze, or excuse me, radiator fliud, will taste sweet.

Third vote for the heater core.............or is that the fourth??

s10_blzer
08-13-2005, 01:43 PM
is there any possible way that it could be tranny fluid though?

s10blazerman4x4
08-13-2005, 01:48 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

nooooooo.

rstyrlz
08-16-2005, 10:02 PM
is there any possible way that it could be tranny fluid though?
nope. ( have your friend change your turn signal fliud for ya while your fighting with your leaky heater core)

wolfox
08-17-2005, 01:52 AM
Okay, okay guys. Please, the fellow asked a legit question - and admittedly, it's easy to confuse Dexcool with ATF on a colored, carpeted floor unless you can directly compare the two fluids when you're new to the truck and general repair. To s10_blzer:

The likelihood of finding tranny fluid on your floorboards is exceedingly rare unless something happened to put it there, like a bottle with a loose cap in the passenger floorboard while on the way back from the auto parts store. ATF smells like a light petroleum oil, because, well, it is! Dexcool will have a sticky, acrid odor especially when warm and a leaking heater core will also fog the windshield glass or give you a burst of very humid air with visible steam when you first turn on your climate controls. (Engine already hot) The chances of ATF leaking into the passenger compartment could only possibly happen if conditions were just-so, like in a rollover, that it's *almost* laughable. Chances are your heater core's got a pinhole and your radiator and overflow tank are also slowly loosing fluid. Check under the radiator cap when the engine's dead cold in the morning after sitting overnight. Also look in your overflow tank on the passenger side wheel well. If the tank's low or dry, and you cannot see coolant all the way up to the neck under the radiator cap, it's Dexcool on your floor boards and a lengthy do-it-yourself, but not entirely impossible to repair problem with the heater core. If you cannot trust yourself to change the plugs in the truck, it would be best to seek enlightnened or professional help to get the job done.

Wow, I can't believe I got through that without one funny comment...but you have to admit...*snicker* ATF on the floorboards? That's almost as good as the GM recall for faulty epoxy bonds on door hinges. (*Patiently awaits for the randomly thrown wrench to bean him on the noggin*)

BlazerBoyLT98
08-17-2005, 08:49 AM
Definitely your heater core. Sorry bro, good luck. Amazing how often those hard to get at little buggers go bad and cause so many issues!

Add your comment to this topic!