Front Blower Motor Not Working?????

buickrob
08-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Anybody have this problem? My A/C has been working fine but the other day I spun the blower control knob pretty fast and that was it, the blower didn't come on. All I did was spin it with my finger from off to high. Now it doesn't work. Could that have broken the module? The rear air still works. I don't hear the blower motor kick on so it's not like the blower is working but not coming out the vents. Any ideas? Do I need a new module? If so, does that have to be set up by the scan tool at a dealer after install? Thanks everybody!

Hoop2005
08-15-2005, 07:58 PM
I recently had the same issue with my 2002 durango. In my case, the blower motor resistor was the culprit ($25 & 1/2 hour of my time). I found a great web link that did the trick for me. I hope it helps.

http://www.gtrippleb.com/auto/durango/durango_blower_resister.htm

macejh
09-28-2005, 06:39 PM
I found this thread searching for my problem. I too had my Durango 2002 blower not function on the lower 3 of the 4 settings. Only the highest setting will work. I am going to replace the part in the coming weeks and I will report back.

macduffee
11-26-2005, 02:33 PM
Had the same problem with my 2002 Durango. No front blower motor at all. Found this forum and used the link above from Hoop2005 and found that it was my Blower Resister. There is new part number which differs from the part listed in the link (5174618AA). I was able to use a straight socket to get at mine without any problems. The resister is held to the lead by a small red clip that slides out from right to left after you get that clip off it comes right apart. The new part does not use this clip, it has a small raised tab that snaps right into place. Thanks for the great link!

KRMelton
11-28-2005, 10:31 AM
I have this same problem on my 2000 Durango 4x4. I have purchased a new resistor, but can't find where the darn thing is. The link posted by Hoop2005 didn't help as the photos are for a 2001 model and apparently Dodge made some major changes from 00 to 01 as hardly anything in the photos matched. I found a thread on another forum that said the resistor on 98 to 00 Durangos was located under the plenum cowl (under the windshield wipers). I removed the wiper arms, removed the cowl cover, and removed the the wiper motor and assembly, alas, nothing but empty space.

Does anyone know where the blower motor resistor is located on the 2000 model?

Thanks,
Kenny

Add your comment to this topic!