Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

16 yr olds 94 trooper

usat212
08-12-2005, 06:28 AM
We need a little help our sons 1994 trooper 3.2 it has a 3.2 motor in it. It has a little bit of a hesitation when you first give it gas once you get it past a certain point it seemsfine. I thought it might need a new fuel filter but we replaced it and it does the same thing. The people we bought it from said they had a tune up on it about 4 months before they put it up for sale. I just need someone to tell us a few things to look at, could they have set the gap wrong on the spark plugs? Or could the fuel inj be stopped up? Let me also say that if you let off the gas then have to push it again it studders at the same spot it's when we first push the gas peddle. He is really worried it's some major. Thanks in advance

Spartan58
08-21-2005, 04:24 PM
I'm not a mechanic, but I've had several cars that would hesitate when starting from a stop or near stop. The remedy was to clean the throttle body. If you remove the air intake hose from the throttle body and the butterfly has a build up of carbon, especially around the edge, remove the throttle body and thoroughly clean with carb cleaner. Be careful not to get too much into the solenoid that is attached to it though - I had to replace one of those once and it wasn't cheap. Now I have not had to do this to my '94 Trooper yet, but it did help on a couple of other vehicles I owned.

amigo-2k
08-21-2005, 09:29 PM
My guess is dirty fuel injectors (try a couple tanks with a injector cleaner like Chevron Techron Concentrate).

Or I had simluar problem with old plug wires. If you don't know the history on the wires I would swap them out.

glenmorebuckman
10-09-2005, 09:21 AM
I would check the IAC {idle air control valve}. Not really sure about Isuzu, but some of them can be taken apart and cleaned with carb. cleaner. They tend to get gummed up and the plunger in them starts to stick, leading to hesitation.

Add your comment to this topic!