2002 grand caravan wet floor

jmurf
08-11-2005, 10:12 PM
My passenger floor, in the center gets wet. I noticed it while driving about an hour, very hot day with the ac on. It has no odor at all. The van only has approx. 20,000 miles on it. Any help would be appreciated.

yogi_123rd
08-12-2005, 06:28 AM
It sounds like your AC condensation drain hole is plugged up. It looks like a rubber nipple with a center hole found on the engine side firewall opposite your AC unit.

arichio
08-14-2005, 03:56 PM
We also have a water problem with our 2001 Grand Caravan. I have located the drain plug on the firewall and it appears to be working fine because there is water coming out of the 2 inch black hose. The problem is that the water is going backwards towards the firewall and entering the inside of the vehicle. I don't know if the hose is clogged and if so how do I unclog it. Can I access it from the inside? I also noticed that the 2 inch hose has a cut on the underside of it, is that normal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

Stretch58
08-14-2005, 07:56 PM
I have had good luck keeping the drains clear on my last 2 Caravans. For the first thing never run the A/C in recirc mode. Recirc does not allow the interior of the car to pressurize and force condensate out the drain. About every other day in heavy use times, I open a window, then turn on the A/C in regular mode(ourside air), put the blower on max speed a bit, and then close the window. If it works like mine does, you can actually feel a pressure in your ears a little when the window goes closed and the car pressurizes. At this time there probably will be a bunch of condensate puked out the A/C drain and should be on the ground under the car.
Hope that helps.

z7one
08-18-2005, 01:06 PM
I am not sure about the grand caravan but the 2001 Town & Country had an issue with the drain for the heater core. The Drain which goes out the firewall was originally designed straight out and pointed directly towards the motor. There is a recomedation to order a 2-3 inch hose that fits on the end of the drain which has a 90 degree bend and points down. The problem with the original design is that it will let air push the condensation back into the heater core box then drips into the passenger side floor. A side note to this is on the 2001 Town & Country, there is a cabin filter that sits in front of the heater core. This filter will eventually get wet and then you will get a mildew buildup on it which will have to be replaced. To replace it is very simple. Underneath the glove box to the left hand side(as you are sitting in the seat) there is a large clip and cover plate. This needs removed (there are no screws) and pull the filter straight down. I hope this info helps!!!

arichio
08-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Well I hope I have the problem sloved. I went to the local Dodge dealership here and bought part number 56000724AB (Hose, Evaporator Drain) which cost me $5.78 with tax. This is a rubber hose with a 90 degree angle which will run the water downward towards the ground. I was given an installation sheet to go along with it so it was obvious that Dodge knew about this problem with the water running back along the hose and into the interior of the vehicle. The sheet said it was for vehicles made between May 14th 2001 and October 1st 2001. Also Dodge wanted to charge me $74.99 to install it themselves, I guess the $69.21 was for the 2 minutes labor it took for me to install it. I will let you all know if this DIDN'T solve the problem.

Take care all

Tony

Add your comment to this topic!