Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Air Conditioner Problem

apndln
08-11-2005, 09:09 PM
I just had my A/C fixed & it is blowing cold air!!!!! Anywys when I run it my A/C it feels like the engine is going to fly out of the hood!!!!!! My whole car is like shaking then when I stop at stops it feels like the engine is going to die!!!!! Like it doesn't have enough engine power to keep both of them running!!!!!! Any help would be useful?????? Thanks

Brian R.
08-11-2005, 11:48 PM
Welcome to the AF!

In order for anyone to make any sense at all, you should post the information about your vehicle, such as year, engine, other relevant information.

apndln
08-12-2005, 12:31 PM
I have a 1991 toyota camry wagon. V6 engine. Automatic.

raziullah007
08-15-2005, 05:03 PM
I have a 1991 toyota camry wagon. V6 engine. Automatic.

Let me tell you this much. Most of the time, it is only a matter of adjusting your intake (commonly known as idle). Now, when you stop, you said that the engine feels like it's about to die. That, to the best of my judgement without hads-on work on the car, is because when you turn on the AC, the clutches in the ac compressor grip and engine is losing power because it's being used to spin the compressor pulley. That means it needs more fuel now. The mixture of air/fuel is not right. This CAN be a real pain in the backyard. For an easy no-brainer fix, all you have to do is get a flat screw driver and increaser the idle. How do you do that? Don't make me die laughing, but look at the intake, (you can see it looks like a tube right behind the engine where the air filter hose is going and I think it should say EFI (electronic fuel injection) on it). Look from above it and you should see a screw with a flat head that's probably made up of plastic. all you do is open it up, that's turning left just in case you don't know. This increases the amount of air going inside the engine. Open it up until the engine doesn't shake and the car runs smooth. All this should be done with the AC turned on all the way to full. Next, when all this is done, turn the AC off and see if it shakes now. If it doesn't, BINGO!!!!

If it does, welcome to our world. Just keep tweaking and messing around with it until you get it to your liking.

apndln
08-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Thanks It worked!!!!!!!! Great to know where to find it also now!!!!!!!

Add your comment to this topic!