Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 Nissan Z Car ( 350Z )

Pages : [1] 2

mcervantes
07-24-2001, 01:21 AM
2003 Nissan Z Car

The last letter in sports cars returns, with a vengeance.

How would you like the idea of owning a sports car that can go head-to-head with Porsche’s new Boxter S? Better yet, how would you like paying less than $30,00 for it? Well, if you are type of auto enthusiast I think you are, you’re checking your bank account right now. And Nissan is placing it’s revival plan on just that.

Enter the new Z car. Fresh off it’s debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, the Z made the rounds on the international auto show circuit and the covers of American automotive magazines. So far, reaction to the new Z’s looks has been mixed, but the promise of performance has outweighed the subjective issues of the car. But more on looks later....

This new Z is expected to be far and away better than any Z ever offered. Nissan played it very secretive at the debut of its Z “concept.” Execs from the Japanese firm stated that their famed 3.5L VQ-series V6 will produce “260-plus” horsepower for the new Z. According to Nissan, the VQ should propel the Z from 0-60 in under six seconds.

Now, let’s clear up the smoke screen wafting from Nissan North America headquarters in Southern California. Or is it smog? But anyways, expect the car to have 280-to 300 horsepower and rocket to 60mph from a stop in the lower 5 second timeframe.

Nissan is known for developing suspensions and chassis components that are competent and feature dynamics that have something usually lacking in other Japanese cars. Soul. So I’d expect this car to not only be fast in a straight line, but do very well when the roads begin to bend.

And now, back to the looks. While Nissan says that the Z car seen in Detroit was a concept, I’d say it was more of a prototype. Expect the fancy LED taillights to be replaced by traditional bulbs, and look for a revised front bumper design. But if you dislike the overall design, don’t expect much of a change for the production version. Having seen this car at the Los Angeles Auto Show, I must say that it is different. While the pictures make it look similar to the Audi TT but with Celica headlights, I think in person it looks very original. But I still don’t know if I like it yet.

The interior is cold and futuristic. The use of extensive brushed aluminum trim makes me wonder how much excess weight it adds to the bottom line (which is expected to come in at around 3200 lbs). Except for the triple instrument pod design on the console, I’d expect (and hope) things to be different in the production version.

Nissan had a hard time with this new Z. They, in effect, had to please everyone. Would the fans of the original 240Z like it? How about the enthusiasts of the recent 300ZX, would they buy one? In the end, I think Nissan basically disregarded them in favor of a more viable group.....the potential buyers. With Porsche rivaling performance, stylish and unique looks, and an under $30k price tag; I think Nissan has pulled it off stunningly well.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/img/z/z1.jpg
http://www.automotiveforums.com/img/z/z2.jpg
http://www.automotiveforums.com/img/z/z3.jpg
http://www.automotiveforums.com/img/z/z4.jpg
http://www.automotiveforums.com/img/z/z5.jpg
http://www.automotiveforums.com/img/z/z6.jpg
http://www.automotiveforums.com/img/z/z7.jpg
http://www.automotiveforums.com/img/z/z8.jpg
http://www.automotiveforums.com/img/z/z9.jpg

Article Copyright 2001 Mike Cervantes.
Photos Copright 2001 Nissan North America Inc.

carman
08-02-2001, 05:34 PM
Props go to mike for such a well written article.

I hope the Z brings Nissan back to life...

superposition
08-05-2001, 09:47 PM
Are they actually gonna produce this?? Cos I kinda like it..!

Raddog
08-07-2001, 05:16 PM
I see it's an automatic. Will this car be available in a 6-speed manual?

Racing Rice
08-15-2001, 06:05 PM
IMO - I think its a great car... I just wander how much coolness will be stripped from it in the production model. Its nice to see Nissan trying to make a comeback.:flash:

Pharty012
08-17-2001, 08:02 AM
DAmn... i'm now trying to figure out what car i want to get now... hmmmm
either the IS300, or jetta with 10k to spend on it.. or this Z car..
it's pretty impressive but......... the is300 is MY CAR~!!!!.. but the Z car loooks tight as shit....
ahhh.. so many choices......

F20C
08-24-2001, 08:38 PM
There is something very fishy from the specs given for 350Z Concept car.

Jay!
08-24-2001, 08:46 PM
Pardon me for being frank, but is Nissan going to put that VQ engine in everything? That's the same engine for the Maxima, I30/Cefiro, G35/"next Skyline"... Is that right?
:confused:

F20C
08-24-2001, 08:56 PM
Altima, Maxima, G35, I35 and Pathfinder. VQ engine series it's Ward's best V6 engine 7 years in running.

Jay!
08-24-2001, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Silver S2000
I30
Oops. That was obvious. :rolleyes:

Again, this is semi-related to my concern that Nissan is seemingly abandoning their RB engine. :( Not that it would have been in the new Z. I'm not saying the VQ is bad in any way. It certainly seems that Nissan wants it to be versitile.

F20C
08-24-2001, 09:03 PM
VQ engines makes good hp and torque and have displacement to spare. The only way Nissan was going to make it work was mass produce it. Wouldn't you want something good at a affordable price? Anyways the RB engine series are getting old. There hasn't been much changed to them since the first Skyline came out.

HellBent
08-27-2001, 07:55 PM
Beautiful car!

But... I would expect the roofline to change a little. The rake is too severe killing headroom. (It's actually taller near the windshield.)

I think the interior will get canked as well. You can see how that brushed alum strip in the middle of the dash is already reflecting on the windshield. (Interior designer, you are the weakest link... good bye!)

Also I would expect horsepower to remain low. HP is directly proportional to price. Sub $30k pricing won't put you in the 300 hp range. Most cars with 300 are just about $30k. Those with more are over $30k. The Camaro was a slight exception, and it's going out of production, wonder why? (GM admitted to loosing money on every car, unlike the underpowered mustang that sells like hot cakes!)

Matter of fact, when was the last 300+ hp car released from Japan. Even the NSX is sub 300hp (stock). Japan regulates all it's cars to 276 or below, which is why most of it's exports fall in that range. Culturally they will never give us the satisfaction of having and owning their best. (Notice the Subaru WRX 276hp in Japan - 220hp or so in the USA.)

Also think about this. (Nissan 300Z with 300HP, Accura NSX 276hp.) Never happen!

There is a saying in Japan, "If a nail sticks up, hammer it down!" Nissan will not go out on a limb and buck the system. I would expect something a little less than 276hp.

Just my long winded 2 cents though ;)

F20C
08-27-2001, 08:21 PM
The 276 hp's gentleman agreement is useless. Japan have produce cars that have more hp at the crank. Wonder why a 3580 lbs Skyline GT-R V Spec can accomplished 5 seconds for 0-60mph? It doesn't produce 280 ps like it say. Dyno have proven the car produce closer to 330 hp stock. Nissan Cima and Honda NSX already tear apart the agreement.

Wade T.
09-01-2001, 02:35 AM
Hrmm, it looks nice but it's nothing like the original 240Z. It looks too much like a Audi TT.

hakka
09-03-2001, 06:22 PM
Just reading MT and, according to them, the new Z is going to be called the 350Z. Anyone else heard this?

dill_roy
09-26-2001, 04:19 PM
[SIZE=1][COLOR=orangered]:crying: :crying: :monkeypis

What a cool idea!...oh wait. no the design sux. I wish they would stop it with this triangulation shit. i know it makes cars easier to design on computers but look at what Mosler did with the MT900. they didn't sacrifice curves in the design process and this thing was done entirely on computer. when that thing hits production it's gonna make all these other people look like slackers. take some time! keep the curves! Nissan is a good company and i hate seeng them fall into the crappy design trends of today. I don't want to see these cars that look like toasters anymore(dodge powerbox concept & super 8). i feel like i could puke!

Nxtyoung
11-18-2001, 05:55 PM
Looks too much like the Audi TT Coupe. Still love thw GTR(R34) and 300zx the most of nissan

Baptizer
11-26-2001, 12:52 PM
Hi...
i am new to the forum....great thing you guys got going here!
I just had a few questions. I am 'up in the air' as to whether I really want to get one of these Nissan Z's. A few of my questions are:
1. What is the estimated length for the new Z? is it similar to the 4th gen Z, 170inches?
UPDATE: i found the length...its around 170 inches.
2. What exactly are those little compartments behind the seats? are they fold down backseats? just a place to store stuff? speakers?

I am so confused as to how i want to go in my next car purchase. In all honesty, I am driving a Mazda MX-3(1993) and i am about to buy my first new car. I just graduated from college about 6 months ago, and finally ready(financially ready) to purchase that first new PHAT car. I cannot decide between a BMW 330Ci or the Nissan Z. Not sure which route to take: luxury/sporty vs speed/extreme-sporty. IF someone can answer those questions, i would be very happy! thanks!

JBL85
11-27-2001, 12:56 AM
What do you think the 1/4 is on this bad boy, I just want to know if it can beat hondas new NSX with a v8...

Donkey_Show
12-18-2001, 05:35 PM
Hi guys, im new here, my name is Phil. I was brought here when i was doing a google search for good Z articles. Anyways, that new Z is tight. It will be named the 350z. Throughtout history Nissan has always named their Z's based upon the displacement of their motors. The 240 was named because it has a 2.4 liter inline 6, the 260 because it had a 2.6 liter i6, the 280 had a 2.8 liter i6, the 300 had a 3.0 liter v6. Now the new z will have a 3.5 liter v6.

Its a very beautiful car. I do agree that alot of the interior design will be changed before the car hits the production line. Im sure those exterior door handles will probably be changed also. I believe the HP will be closer to 275 than 260. Nissan has always lied about their horsepower numbers before production. They always project it to be lower than it is.

I dunno, i guess on October 27th, (the official release date of the vehicle for sale) we will find out what the real deal is. All i know, is that come january, im going down to my local dealer, and being put on a waiting list for the car. This will be my fourth Z car.

Anyways, that is my 2 cents. I will see you guys around. These are some pretty cool forums.

diegoaccord
12-25-2001, 05:36 PM
fuckin ugly futuristic garbage

JBL85
12-26-2001, 02:49 AM
I would sure take it over an old car from the 80's

zenthusiast
12-28-2001, 01:12 PM
Just when you Honda, Toyota, Acura types thought the they were done with the Z, the next thing you know is they are going to come out with the best one yet. :flipa: You see, not only will a new stock 350-Z beat most of you guys on the street, but I can see the ho's drooling for the other seat aleady.:smoka: And when we start modifying our gen 5 Z's your life, I suspect, is going to get difficult. You bore me with your Civics anymore. :sleep: I'm so stoked. I think I'll go make plans with my mechanic.:evillaugh How do ya like me now?:jump:

ImportFreak
12-28-2001, 04:20 PM
Personally i think that this car is alright.. i mean i really hate it from certain views and others it looks awesome.. the lights the triangle thing.. oh man do i hate that.. same it the skyline, or GTR now.. Nissan really is messin up in designin.. thats my opinion.. here are some stats and stuff from www.nissandriven.com .. (specs and stufff for the U.S.) ... sux that they detune everything we get..

• 3.5 Liter VQ-series V6 Engine Producing 260+ Targeted Horsepower
• 6-Speed Manual or 5-Speed Electronically Controlled Automatic Transmission
• Targeted 0-60mph Time of Less Than 6.0 Seconds
• Rear-Wheel Drive
• 4-Wheel Independent Suspension

- thats straiht from nissan on the U.S. version

JUST THOSE DAMNED LIGHTS!!! tho the interior i think is great

JBL85
12-28-2001, 06:09 PM
Thats cool that you hate all that stuff, thats why they make it like that, so not every fool is driving around in the same freaking car, I didnt like the idea of a redesigned zx, but I am in love with this bad ass ride, just takes some getting use to. I mean hell look at honda now thats a nasty ride IMO. The NSX what a rip off of a ferrari, at least they are ORIGNAL, no offense of course, its just an opinion right :smoka:

Darryl (SJ,CA)
12-29-2001, 12:39 PM
Took a little time to get used to.
I really didn't like the front from the first pictures, but I like what they've done with the rear...

3.5 litre VQ engine should be pretty impressive - rumor had it at 280 hp or so. Surprisingly - the 350Z is bigger than the last gen 300zx - taller by 2 inches, a little wider and a few inches longer!

Can't wait to see it in person though... but I wonder if they will make a turbo version...

-Darryl

JBL85
12-29-2001, 04:07 PM
Darryl, I hate you, Sell me your car, its a freaking sweet ride and then you can go buy a 350z :p

just wondering: but is that TT reliable?

Darryl (SJ,CA)
12-29-2001, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by JBL85
Darryl, I hate you, Sell me your car, its a freaking sweet ride and then you can go buy a 350z :p

just wondering: but is that TT reliable?

Haha... Thanks for the comments. I actually just got it back recently - I had a motor build done on it - it's now pushing about 534 rwhp on race gas with HKS turbos. Full profile is on twinturbo.net. But most tt's are quite reliable, just as long as you follow normal preventative maintenance. Frequent oil changes, etc.

The 350Z will be a nice car... but will it be a car like the old 300zx that made it into C&D's top 10 cars for every year of production??? Guess we'll find out next year...

Cheers,
-Darryl

JBL85
12-30-2001, 03:15 AM
I take it your into modifying cars, I have an 86 300zx and was wondering if you knew how much it would cost to drop a twin turbo motor in it from a z32 year? Oh and new tranny i f'd mine up pretty good racing it

KikoSanchez182
12-30-2001, 09:29 PM
well, i think it looks really nice, except for the color, ughhh, but imagine that in blue...ya! as for speed, its very good, 3.5 liters. 260-280hp N/A!! the last Z's made their power from TT's. imagine this new Z with a big azz turbo strapped to it.... but i wouldnt buy one just yet, b/c theirs so many other cars about to come over....supposedly. the new se-r, new civic si, possibly wrx STi, lancer evolution, the skyline.(no not the fake ifiniti, the real skyline), and the new rx-8. now, we just need the FTO, GTO, supra, silvia, and the civic type-R to come over here and we'd be set!!! oh, and some cosworths too!

Darryl (SJ,CA)
12-30-2001, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by KikoSanchez182
well, i think it looks really nice, except for the color, ughhh, but imagine that in blue...ya! as for speed, its very good, 3.5 liters. 260-280hp N/A!! the last Z's made their power from TT's. imagine this new Z with a big azz turbo strapped to it.... but i wouldnt buy one just yet, b/c theirs so many other cars about to come over....supposedly. the new se-r, new civic si, possibly wrx STi, lancer evolution, the skyline.(no not the fake ifiniti, the real skyline), and the new rx-8. now, we just need the FTO, GTO, supra, silvia, and the civic type-R to come over here and we'd be set!!! oh, and some cosworths too!

Well - They did increase displacement from 3.0l to 3.5l (16.7% increase) - which resulted in a ~17% hp increase - assuming it comes out at 260hp. Not really all that surprising.

Yes, with twin turbos on this new Z (single turbos are a bit harder to design on a V6) - I'd think we'd see 400hp... but I don't think Nissan is making a TT version of the new Z...

(The supra did come over here, btw). :)

-Darryl

Darryl (SJ,CA)
12-30-2001, 09:45 PM
I take it your into modifying cars, I have an 86 300zx and was wondering if you knew how much it would cost to drop a twin turbo motor in it from a z32 year? Oh and new tranny i f'd mine up pretty good racing it

I'm guessing you were asking me? Honestly - I don't know all that much about Z31's, but I think Steve Mitchell in SoCal has a monster Z31. It'll cost a LOT to drop a Z32 engine in there. Assuming you can get a refurb'd ATK VG30DETT for ~3K (no turbos, BTW!), add turbos ($3K or so), labor, etc (~$6-10K) - and you're probably better off buying a used Z32TT -- for ~$10-18K.

-Darryl

KikoSanchez182
12-30-2001, 10:48 PM
i was referring to getting the new, supposedly being made, mkv supra, in 2003.

JBL85
12-31-2001, 01:04 AM
NO, i want a sleeper, everyone knows z32 is a fkn insanely fast car especially with TT, but no one thinks a 15 year old car can move....so imagine a 300+ hp pos looking car that can take out m3s and such =)

KikoSanchez182
12-31-2001, 12:23 PM
thats why u get a 1g dsm! hehe

VH45DETTwithNOS
01-07-2002, 05:57 AM
Well the VQ30DE hsa been turboed using the turbos off the Z32, well it also got the rest of the treatment, forgies etc etc, but it produces about 360 hp @ 7-8 psi, not to bad, so your expectations of the 35 will be about right, say engine upgrade VQ35DETT, you will have to find a cool mount for the intercoolers thought, small techincalities, we can fix it.

Euro19
01-11-2002, 08:42 PM
I like the car pretty much, just that I think the roof is too rounded.
And it would be nicer in darker colors too.

DR_Gallup
01-31-2002, 10:44 AM
Has anyone pre-ordered one of the new Z's? I am wondering how much the dealers are gouging above MSRP? I have called a few dealers in my area and gotten responses of "We have already sold our alotment", "$10K over sticker", "Come on down and we'll discuss it", etc. There is a dealer about 50 miles away who seems more reasonable. I would like to know someone elses experiences before I get down to writing a check. :smoka:

zvan
02-03-2002, 08:22 PM
I saw the first picture of the 350 convertible in motor trend. i wonder how much more it will cost than the coupe. i wish they offered t-tops on the coupe, i want my next car to be open aired. cant even get a sunroof on the coupe. anyone heard any scoop on the conv?

also, not a big mustang fan, but the 03 cobra is going to be supercharged with 390 hp, with conv. priced at 36,500. thats kinda tempting.

khrys771
02-06-2002, 09:53 AM
http://www.nissandriven.com/vehicles/FutureVehicleDetails/0,9437,520,00.html

there is the NA site

khrys771
02-06-2002, 10:03 AM
a base stock 350z will cost $26,809.00

and the most expensive (track version) is $34,079.00

khrys771
02-06-2002, 10:08 AM
the track version with everything in it is $37,513.00

RipperKLX
02-25-2002, 11:44 PM
I cant wait for the z350. They claim it will run with the porsch boxster's. Being in many street races with people on my 82 toyota celica supra, it will be quite a step up. Awesome, and bueatiful car, but I'd like to know how they run, and what mods can be done to them.:sun:

JBL85
02-26-2002, 12:16 AM
Haha porshe boxter.....the ALtima v6 runs with a boxter.....the 350z should be running with GT Stangs and Z28 Camaro's

pw_350Z_baby
02-27-2002, 02:43 AM
Haha porshe boxter.....the ALtima v6 runs with a boxter.....the 350z should be running with GT Stangs and Z28 Camaro's

Of course it will. It'll beat the 260hp Mustang GT with ease, but it'll run with the 320hp Camaro Z28. The Mustang is way heavier than the Z, and has less power and torque, plus the Z has a much better transmission and differential. So it'll be able to eat up the Mustang GT with ease. It'll also beat a Boxter S, but will most-likely run with the Z28 with no prob. I'll prove it once I've gotten and broken in my new Z (coming in August)...

JBL85
02-27-2002, 05:36 PM
yeh tell me how it goes.

:D

DMC12
02-28-2002, 03:03 PM
I have said here in AF that the Chevy Avalanche was the ugliest car. I retract that statement.

The new Z is the FUGLIEST P.O.S. I've seen in my life. It makes the Aztek look good!!! What is Nissan thinking? The exterior is good, but dammmm that exterior looks like a cross between a tug boat and an orange bath tub with clearance sale dubs.

This car is an insult to the heritage of the Z, and to those of us that will have to share the road with it. The performance figures look promising, but I personally will flip off any muddafugga that wants to race me in one of those. I will laugh at the fact that he can't beat a WRX, yet paid $10K more. What a piece of GARBAGE!!!

If I took the $37K that Nissan is begging for this BS & invested it in my D, I'd come out with one helluva a car.

"The new Z® wasn't designed to cruise the boulevard, it was made to own it." --Nissan
If that was their goal, the entire design team should be fired!!! They failed. Even Sport Compact Car magazine knocked it.

JBL85
02-28-2002, 06:48 PM
The new A is beautiful....37k in a delorean, its still a delorean....nothing special...just looks cheap cuz it has NO PAINT on it

DMC12
03-01-2002, 02:43 PM
The new A is beautiful....37k in a delorean, its still a delorean....nothing special...just looks cheap cuz it has NO PAINT on it

Your post is just plain stupid. Maybe that is why the new Z appeals to you.

Unfortunatley, this is a case of "different strokes for different folks". The problem here is that I have to look at these ugly things when they are on the road. That is the difference between Art and Automobiles! If you don't like a particular artist, then it doesn't matter because his/her works of art are inside a building where you don't have to see them everyday. A car is different... it is inflicted on the general public without consent.

JBL85
03-02-2002, 12:16 PM
So keep your car parked in YOUR GARAGE :D

pw_350Z_baby
03-04-2002, 05:35 AM
Dudes, I think the 350Z is one of the most beautiful designs I've seen. You should check the most recent pictures instead of those posted on this thread. The interior pics on this threads were just for pre-production shows, not real. The real ones are here:

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Nissan Z\Z car 4.jpg

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Nissan Z\z12.jpg

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Nissan Z\z35slide10.jpg

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Nissan Z\updated Z interior.jpg

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Nissan Z\Z interior.jpg

ImportFreak
03-04-2002, 06:07 PM
the pictures are not showing up :(

pw_350Z_baby
03-04-2002, 10:38 PM
Yeah, this database is stupid. The pics only show up on certain programs that you're using; for example, they'll show on AOL, but not I.E.
Anyways, ImportFreak, these ones are for ya (below):

http://members6.clubphoto.com/_cgi-bin/members/compact_slide_show.pl?album_item_id=9484435

http://members6.clubphoto.com/_cgi-bin/members/compact_slide_show.pl?album_item_id=9484617

http://members6.clubphoto.com/_cgi-bin/members/compact_slide_show.pl?album_item_id=9484455

http://members6.clubphoto.com/_cgi-bin/members/compact_slide_show.pl?album_item_id=9484507

http://members6.clubphoto.com/_cgi-bin/members/compact_slide_show.pl?album_item_id=9484527

http://members6.clubphoto.com/_cgi-bin/members/compact_slide_show.pl?album_item_id=9484520

http://members6.clubphoto.com/_cgi-bin/members/compact_slide_show.pl?album_item_id=9484539

http://members6.clubphoto.com/_cgi-bin/members/compact_slide_show.pl?album_item_id=9484543

And as for DMC12, since you talked so much trash about the new Z, how do those interior pics look to ya? Not bad, huh? Compare those to your 17th century Delorean's interior. Even though I know you're drooling over those pics, but maybe you'll still be dissing on them from stubbornness. Anyways, it doesn't matter what you think, I'll be rolling in a pearl white one in August. In addition, the heated seats will warm my ass in the winter, and the DVD player will pound my DVD collection like a theater in my car.

JBL85
03-04-2002, 11:32 PM
pw_350z

You can kiss my ass you lucky ass....that thing is making me drool....that thing is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :flipa: :D :flipa: :D

pw_350Z_baby
03-05-2002, 01:49 AM
pw_350z

You can kiss my ass you lucky ass....that thing is making me drool....that thing is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :flipa: :D :flipa: :D

I'll kiss it for a little money. Hell, I'll give it a lick too...hehe...:D :licker: :flipa:

Yeah, the car is pretty nice. I don't appreciate DMC12 dissing on it and saying it's not worth being on the road. The pics on the beginning of this thread are way way old. That interior was not functional. Who would produce some' like that. Glad ya liked the pics.

Zcarfan
03-05-2002, 02:57 AM
is this a joke or real?? a guy who drives a tank of a DMC, that uses that sweet GMC or is/was it a volvo engine and looks like a wannabee 1979 lamborgini. Are you serious???

dude, WAKE UP!!!!!! it is 2002 (or do you think you are "back to the future"?)

DMC12
03-05-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Zcarfan
is this a joke or real?? a guy who drives a tank of a DMC, that uses that sweet GMC or is/was it a volvo engine and looks like a wannabee 1979 lamborgini. Are you serious??? dude, WAKE UP!!!!!! it is 2002 (or do you think you are "back to the future"?)

Sure thing, "dude"!!! The DMC weighs about a thousand pounds less than this propsed Z.

DMC12
03-05-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by pw_350Z_baby
I don't appreciate DMC12 dissing on it and saying it's not worth being on the road. The pics on the beginning of this thread are way way old.

I was not dissing the car. It is honestly ugly, people! I just can't understand why anyone wants to plunk down $37K for it.

I do like the newer photos of the interior. However, its not the interior that needed changing. The front intake is my biggest beef. It is a square, while the rest of the car is flowing. I love the tail lights... so where did the designers get a square intake from???? It just look thrown together.

DMC12
03-05-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by pw_350Z_baby
Even though I know you're drooling over those pics, but maybe you'll still be dissing on them from stubbornness. Anyways, it doesn't matter what you think, I'll be rolling in a pearl white one in August. In addition, the heated seats will warm my ass in the winter, and the DVD player will pound my DVD collection like a theater in my car.

I like the screen incorporated into the center dash.

I like the seat color.

I like the pedals.

I wasn't exactly drooling, though. I sure hope the sound system pounds... you'll need it to drown out the people barfing when they see the EXTERIOR.

Zcarfan
03-05-2002, 02:58 PM
at least it will be pretty enough to keep stock, your DMC looks like you think that that thing in stock form was ugly too. Did you really put florescent green on it with a body kit or is that just photoshoped??? (I thought florescent green went out in the early 80s, it is 2002 now-WAKE UP!!!)

Add your comment to this topic!