Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

sport 500s

apostrophe28
08-11-2005, 11:42 AM
so i just it 100,000 on my Z and im lookin into upgrading my turbos while shes off the road for winter, from everything ive heard the sport 500s are the best becaue of they are direct replacements and they have about the same lag as stock turbos, but i just saw that they are good up to 500hp....now is the wheel or crank hp. because for right now thats fine but at a later date if i deside i could use some more ponies will i have to change the turbos again to pass the 500hp at the crank mark?

ZedEx
08-11-2005, 02:35 PM
I would say if you have the money, go with GReddy's TD04H-15G Turbo System... The kit is complete, and the Turbochargers are good until 700hp, I believe.

The kit comes with new Tubular Exhaust Manifolds, Downpipes, 15G Turbochargers, all new oil lines, etc

It's a complete kit, and it's an awesome kit from what I've heard.

-Wes

k3smostwanted
08-11-2005, 05:16 PM
I would say if you have the money, go with GReddy's TD04H-15G Turbo System... The kit is complete, and the Turbochargers are good until 700hp, I believe.

The kit comes with new Tubular Exhaust Manifolds, Downpipes, 15G Turbochargers, all new oil lines, etc

It's a complete kit, and it's an awesome kit from what I've heard.

-Wes

Greddy is way overpriced when it comes to the Z32.

you can get much better turbos for a little cheaper from JWT for the same HP rating.

anyways, the Sport 500's are good for 500rwhp i believe. i think they boost a little over 20 psi. go over to TwinTurbo.net and get some opinions...there are ALOT more guys with upgraded turbos that can share their experience with you.

i will be going with sport 500's probably sometime soon. it is a very good street turbo and it will allow you to stay on stock internals and other stock pieces without a greater amount of boost lag. if you get downpipes at the same time, they will actually spool faster than the stock set-up.

ZedEx
08-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Yeah, I'll have to agree with you on that Jason... GReddy is awfully over priced. However, knowing people who are buy direct from GReddy, alwasy helps :evillol:

When it comes time for my Twin Turbo Zed to get torn into... She'll be getting the TD06H-20G Turbocharger System. Able to handle over 1,000bhp. For a 'small' price...

-Wes

apostrophe28
08-11-2005, 05:38 PM
okay good, i was worried because i might deside to push higher hp numbers in the future and i thought it was 500 crank hp which i would want as a minimum. but if its 500rwhp then that gives me room to play a little, im planning on keeping it around 400-425 rwhp anyways

k3smostwanted
08-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I'll have to agree with you on that Jason... GReddy is awfully over priced. However, knowing people who are buy direct from GReddy, alwasy helps :evillol:

When it comes time for my Twin Turbo Zed to get torn into... She'll be getting the TD06H-20G Turbocharger System. Able to handle over 1,000bhp. For a 'small' price...

-Wes

small my a**!!! :lol:

Greddy is expensive but it is quality. Darn $450 for 2 little black Greddy electronics. oh well...money is money but quality is horsepower! :evillol:

apostrophe28
08-11-2005, 05:42 PM
okay now over the winter im goingt o be upgrading to the sport 500 turbos and im making a list of mod's i want/need to have done while the engine is out and things to suport the highers hp numbers this is what i have so far:
jwt sport 500s
boost controller
boost gauge
lightend flywheel
upgraded injectors
...should i upgrade my intercoolers aswell, if i do should i go side or front mount?

k3smostwanted
08-11-2005, 06:02 PM
okay now over the winter im goingt o be upgrading to the sport 500 turbos and im making a list of mod's i want/need to have done while the engine is out and things to suport the highers hp numbers this is what i have so far:
jwt sport 500s
boost controller
boost gauge
lightend flywheel
upgraded injectors
...should i upgrade my intercoolers aswell, if i do should i go side or front mount?

-ECU needs chipped
-Downpipes
-Intercoolers would be a good idea at this point but not asbolutely necessary
-Street Clutch Kit
-Testpipes (not needed while the engine is out and not legal in all 50 states)
-dual pop-charger kit (or DoolZ)

basically while the engine is out i would do the following things for sure but the rest of the things should be done before taking advantage of the injectors or turbos. boost controller, downpipes, injectors, turbos, clutch, flywheel...

everything else can be put on just as easy with the engine and trans back in.

make sure this is what you really want...in most people's cases modifying performance cars is nothing but a money pit.

Add your comment to this topic!