Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

first speeding ticket

fastguy18
08-10-2005, 03:13 PM
i Got puilled over today when the cop came up to my car he said he clocked me at 50 but when the radar gun went off aagian it was only 43 so do you guys think i have a chance fighting this ticket or get a lawyer?

Igovert500
08-13-2005, 06:20 PM
I have no idea what you just said. What do you mean when it went off again???

fastguy18
08-13-2005, 08:59 PM
I have no idea what you just said. What do you mean when it went off again???
ok sorry about that but when he pulled me over he said i origannally clocked you at 52 but the i shot it at you again and it said 43. I had a lawyer fight another couple of tickets for me that i won and iam thinking about having him fight this one too because if i loose i lose my liscense

Igovert500
08-14-2005, 12:45 PM
Well my opinion is to try and fight every speeding ticket, because 99% of the time you can at least get them reduced. To get out of it completely, I would suggest getting a lawyer if you are in jeopardy of losing your license.

The thing about the 2 different speeds being admitted by the cop is grounds to dismiss (I would think). But could it not also be easily explained by you applying your brakes in between the 2 'radar readings'. For instance he radars you, you see him, hit the brakes, he radars you again? I guess it depends how the cop said it...?
You have a better chance if he wrote it down on the ticket, because otherwise he could change his story and it would be his word against yours (who do you think the judge will believe?). Which speed did he actually ticket you for 52 or 43?

fastguy18
08-14-2005, 01:24 PM
he ticketed me for 43 in a 35

clawhammer
08-18-2005, 09:31 AM
Fight it. That seems like too big of a difference in speed, you can claim that his gun was broken. Were you braking?

lamehonda
08-18-2005, 11:36 PM
43 in a 35 ain't too bad. I would be careful fighting the ticket, you might get it bumped to the 52 lol

copcarcrzy
10-19-2005, 09:31 AM
Had a lawyer fight a couple other tickets.. sounds like you have a problem.. fix your problem and STOP speeding Stupid !!!! DUH,

planet_keeper
10-19-2005, 05:38 PM
I dunno about his past offences but 43 in a 35 is not really that big of a problem. I dont even know why a cop would be on a 35 unless he knew that the speed limit felt to slow for the road and that people would naturally push it.

What were your other tickets for? Depending on what they were the judge may be lenient on this one.

Chevy4life1985
10-20-2005, 09:39 AM
I dunno about his past offences but 43 in a 35 is not really that big of a problem. I dont even know why a cop would be on a 35 unless he knew that the speed limit felt to slow for the road and that people would naturally push it.

What were your other tickets for? Depending on what they were the judge may be lenient on this one.
I disagree with u . The judge wont be lenient if he has in the past had a lawyer for his other tickets and on the verge of license suspension. Hey man you want my advice.
1 - Fight the ticket (w/ lawyer if need be)
2 - Slow the hell down. If youve been pulled over for this before. Not to mention the fact that your on the verge of losing your license.

Add your comment to this topic!