Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

lost power to horn,radio,lighter,and rear window

gym
08-10-2005, 01:26 AM
On my 89 jimmy, my nephew operated the cig lighter and caused the radio to stop working, the switch that operates the rear window latch became inoperative, and the horn stopped working. You can hear a slight noise coming from the radio when you turn up the volume, but no reception. Oh, and the cig lighter stopped working also. I have looked at wiring details in a Haynes manual but cannot find where the cig lighter is wired in. I have checked all fuses and all check out ok. Any ideas before i start tearing into the dash?

FATZsBBQ
08-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Hmmm...i would think that you should find a blown fuse.

How long has it been since they had a CTSY fuse? Meaning, do they still call them that? i think this controls the dome light, horn, radio, among other things.

Now this is knowledge I bring from back when. Don't know about these new fangled gadgets...lol.

good luck.

gym
08-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Hmmm...i would think that you should find a blown fuse.

How long has it been since they had a CTSY fuse? Meaning, do they still call them that? i think this controls the dome light, horn, radio, among other things.

Now this is knowledge I bring from back when. Don't know about these new fangled gadgets...lol.

good luck.
Thanks for your input! I will definetely check deeper tonite! Gym

gym
08-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Thanks for your input! I will definetely check deeper into this tonite after work!

Add your comment to this topic!