Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1994 crown vic

2gooses
08-09-2005, 07:21 PM
Hi everybody! how can I tell if my 94 has traction control? also,In an few other posts I see a DPFE sensor mentioned,what is it and what does it do? I just picked up this C/V it's was a one owner car (83 year old guy with a 102k miles) great riding car, I love it, I hope i have good luck with it. is there anything I should look out for? thanks in advance

rlauzze
08-09-2005, 08:56 PM
Hi everybody! how can I tell if my 94 has traction control? also,In an few other posts I see a DPFE sensor mentioned,what is it and what does it do? I just picked up this C/V it's was a one owner car (83 year old guy with a 102k miles) great riding car, I love it, I hope i have good luck with it. is there anything I should look out for? thanks in advance

Good question. I have Traction Assist listed on my window sticker (previous owner gave it to me when I bought the car), but no other obvious indication. Prior posting said there was a 'disable' switch in the glove box - but I have no such switch on my 93 CV. I'd like to try disabling it to make sure that's not the source of the vibration problem I've been having.

cobradude360
08-10-2005, 06:44 AM
the dpfe scensor is a scensor that moniters the exhaust pressure the comes from the egr its a ferly commom problem with our cars and im glad your happy with your crown vic i guess welcome to the fam of panther owners lol

way2old
08-10-2005, 09:07 AM
Easiest way to tell if it has traction control is to stop in gravel and accelerate hard. If tires spin freely, no traction assist. If rear tires try to keep locking up, it has traction control. Yhere is no way to disable the traction control on a 94. It is intergrated into the ABS module.

Add your comment to this topic!