Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

O2 sensors stuck

jeddi20
08-09-2005, 07:53 AM
has anyone ever heard of o2 sensors being stuck? my friend has a 00 honda odessy and one o2 sensor reads 0.00v the other reads 0.92v. the only problem is that it isn't setting a code, just not fluctuating when reading it with a scanner. any help would be appreciated

vicchang
08-09-2005, 01:16 PM
What do you mean "stuck"?

How do you know the sensor is bad? If the computer has no code, it should be good. If the sensor is bad, you need to replace it. Should be easy, just unscrew it. I have heard the rear one on some van can have thread damaged and need to replace the whole exhaust manifold.

sam_ladybud
08-09-2005, 04:49 PM
is your friend's engine responding quickly? coz if it's not the sensor and the the wiring might be bad. the engine usually looses power with a bad sensor.

jeddi20
08-10-2005, 12:39 PM
everything runs normally, and he still gets good gas mileage. he is trying to sell it and he wanted me to look at the check engine light that was on. the code was for low fuel system pressure, and while i was reading the codes i read the live data flow to see if anything else was wrong. autozone told him that the low system pressure was caused by his gas cap being bad, so he replaced it and had me clear the code. he told me yesterday that the light came back on so i'll let yall know whats going on. but as for the o2 sensors, when my scanner reads them they do not flucuate like any others i've seen.

sam_ladybud
08-18-2005, 12:09 AM
better checked by a trusted mechanic then to have it fixed soon.

deaz
08-18-2005, 12:40 PM
Well...If you are getting a code for low fuel system pressure... Best thing to do is a fuel pressure check. Hook one up, and do the key-on, engine-off test, and make sure the fuel pump is working. If it isn't, thats your problem. Check all relays and fuses. If it is working, but still reading under pressure, then check fuel filters, and such like that.

Also, about your o2 sensor... it probably wouldn't hurt to make sure the heater unit on it is working properly too. All you need is a multimeter and just check all the voltages and resistances between the lines.

Add your comment to this topic!