Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need a new, low-budget car.....

PlymothNeon99
08-09-2005, 12:45 AM
HI all!

I'm having problems with my 99' Neon, concerning the Head Gasket. Apparently, it's a common problem that Chrysler has all but ignored, thus giving customers the financial finger.

Well, the repairs for the Head Gasket are going to run me $1600. Frankly, if I had $1600 to throw away on one repair, I wouldn't own a Neon, if you get my drift.

I looked up the Blue Book value, and it's about a $2,200 trade-in. So, I'm thinking of getting a new car, instead of dropping $1600 on this one. What I’m looking for is something dependable and cheap. Flashiness is no concern of mine; I'm all about getting the best car for my dollar.

So, can anyone suggest some cars to me, that are low-budget, and dependable? By dependable, I mean doesn't have any known problems that the company refuses to acknowledge, but the majority of the car owners seem to run into. Also, it doesn't have to be a current year model. I'd like something with only 30'000 miles on it max though.

Any help/suggestions offered will be greatly appreciated.

Zachp911
08-09-2005, 07:12 AM
HI all!

I'm having problems with my 99' Neon, concerning the Head Gasket. Apparently, it's a common problem that Chrysler has all but ignored, thus giving customers the financial finger.

Thats Chrysler for ya, never dependable. :disappoin

I think you should look into a Honda Civic/Acura Integra. You have the option of getting both cars in either 2/4 dr (which ever you prefer), and you most likely wont have any problems because Honda's have awesome reliability. You can find one fairly cheap too, just check www.autotrader.com

PlymothNeon99
08-10-2005, 12:36 AM
Thats Chrysler for ya, never dependable. :disappoin

I think you should look into a Honda Civic/Acura Integra. You have the option of getting both cars in either 2/4 dr (which ever you prefer), and you most likely wont have any problems because Honda's have awesome reliability. You can find one fairly cheap too, just check www.autotrader.com

Thank you!

I'll definitely look into that.

LancerZero
08-10-2005, 11:06 PM
If you get a Teg, though, make sure you have a good security system. The Acura Integra occupies at least three or four spots on the top ten stolen vehicles list. Something like 1 out of every 200 Integras gets stolen.

PlymothNeon99
08-10-2005, 11:35 PM
If you get a Teg, though, make sure you have a good security system. The Acura Integra occupies at least three or four spots on the top ten stolen vehicles list. Something like 1 out of every 200 Integras gets stolen.

Thanks for the advice.

Nice avatar btw. Is that from Metal Slug?

Add your comment to this topic!