Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Panic Alarm going off for no reason

david-b
08-08-2005, 09:27 PM
Hey all,
My parents own a 2002 Monte Carlo... base model. Totally stock, nothing done, and extremely low miles. The problem is, that the panic alarm keeps going off. There is no alarm installed. It just starts honking for no reason, as if someone pressed the panic button on the remote. It's been doing it more often now. Any ideas or has anyone had this problem before? Thanks for your help.

fist
08-10-2005, 06:41 AM
So you have no alarm...but it seem like someone pressing a panic button?
Weird
I would start with looking at the horns in the bumper and check for evil spirits...kidding!

Probley a lose wire...is the warrentie still active? If so I would take it to the dealer and see if they have any ideas!
I personally have never come across this before!

Best of luck,
Fist

Jim Adams
08-11-2005, 03:47 AM
I have a 1989 corvette and one night I was laying in bed and the next door neighbor was beating on my door and said the horn was going nuts,,I went out and there was no break in I just smacked the horn button a few times and it went off ,,,It did it again about two weeks later same thing horn just started blowing and I went out unlocked the car and pressed the horn button a few times and it stopped again this was about 6 months ago It hasnt done it since. dont know if this is similiar to your problem but when it starts panicing try hitting the horn button and see if it goes off,,but then I geuss if it shuts off when you unlock the car then it wouldnt be that,,try to disconnect the battery and depress the brake pedal about 3 times wait ten minutes and then reconnect the battery and see if that helps,,good luck!!

david-b
08-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Thanks all;

"try to disconnect the battery and depress the brake pedal about 3 times wait ten minutes and then reconnect the battery and see if that helps"

What would this do? Seems like an OBDII reset. I have to see if the warrenty is still active. Should be.

I haven't had time to look it all over. I'm good with the older-new cars. Thanks again

Add your comment to this topic!