Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

SRT4 ACR vs. SRT4

SSSRT4
08-08-2005, 03:59 PM
I've been looking for an SRT-4 around where I live lately because when I leave for the Navy next month, I would like to have an idea of whats around here and all that. So i came across an ACR today, fully loaded..

Now, ive test drove a regulafr srt-4 before and i have a pretty good memory of what it all looked like.

I decided to sit in the ACR and noticed a few things... the inside door handles, the gauges were silver instead of white, it looked like the hood scoop might have actually been semi-functional, (and yes i know the wheels are BBS and are 16") but most importantly...... and my biggest concern... is it said on the gas gauge... something about using only PREMIUM FUEL..... How can it recommend using only premium fuel when there is nothing different under the hood?

This is what the ACR has (so whoever answers this doesn't have to go look):

•16" x 7.0" Aluminum Wheels
•225/45R16 Black Side Wall Performance Tires
•"ACR" Badge
•Competition Suspension
•Non-Matching Spare Tire

Nothing under the hood....?? Why Premium Gas?

Mikehv
08-08-2005, 05:53 PM
I have a SRT-4 05 ACR and you can put reg gas but it seems to run better with super... And I have a loded SRT-4 and it rocks in the twisties in the moutains.

maykelcj
08-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Nothing under the hood....?? Why Premium Gas?
It maybe has a more advance spark timing. :confused:

Mikehv
08-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Naaa Dude i think its just for a smoother engine feel thats how it feels to me but i do run reg and its not bad its recamended not that you have to use premium. They just want to be sure you get the peformance you are looking for.

TEXSRT4
08-08-2005, 08:22 PM
there is no power differnce! the only differnce other than the astetics are adjustable struts, smaller wheels, and a bit wider tires. for the price you pay for the acr, its cheaper to buy a standard srt and modify it! trust me, you buy the hotchkis spings, and tokico adjustable struts (which are stock on the acr) and you still have enough money left over to buy the hotchkis swaybars as well, or you can get the acr package. but thats it

the car will run way more efficient with higer octane gas, it has to do with boost levels and timing issues. it will run with crap gas, but will not make as much power, nor run as smoothly.

canudrivestick
08-08-2005, 11:50 PM
You realize that you own a boosted vehicle right? you are suposed to be running high octane!....

maykelcj
08-09-2005, 06:05 AM
You realize that you own a boosted vehicle right? you are suposed to be running high octane!....

I'm with you in thisone!!! :ylsuper:

G-man422
08-09-2005, 07:13 AM
they recommend premium, because it makes the car feel smoother and may give it better performance, because its easier on the engine. thats it.

SSSRT4
08-10-2005, 11:21 AM
ahhh yes

ok, thanx guys

i really dont want the ACR just because i realize its not really worth it if im going to replace it all anyway, i just thought i was missing something with the gas thing..

thanx again

skatendestroy
08-11-2005, 04:45 PM
higher octane gas prevents knocking............ You use higher octane gas in more higher performance motors and boosted motors more octane prevents detonation vbefore the spark does...... its bad it destroys stuff

Add your comment to this topic!