Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 OHV melted the pfe sensor twice in 2 weeks

gbic1
08-08-2005, 11:09 AM
Any one have this happen. Blew off hose to dpfe sensor and melted the sensor and intake manifold. Hose has 3 inches of pressure on it while break torqueing.

exploded99
08-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Any one have this happen. Blew off hose to dpfe sensor and melted the sensor and intake manifold. Hose has 3 inches of pressure on it while break torqueing.

I have heard of these blowing off and melting the intake manifold. The hoses are special high temp silicon hoses.

I have not heard of them blowing off twice. My guess would be there is somehing wrong with the transducer pipe that comes off of the exhaust manifold. There are ports on the inside of it that limit the amount of pressure. Your other option is that the hoses are old and just won't stay on anymore, and you need to replace those. Smartest thing would be to replace both.

gbic1
08-17-2005, 01:10 PM
Dealer said it was caused by a split hose. Hose was new after first time. Anyone have this?

asemstr
08-28-2005, 09:29 PM
Check for restricted exhaust flow! Possibly clogged catalytic converters produceing high backpressure which can cause DPFE hoses to blow off or sensor failure from hot exhaust gas forced into the sensor ports!

asemstr
09-13-2005, 11:31 PM
Hello? :feedback:

gbic1
09-14-2005, 08:47 AM
It has been 3 weeks or so now and installing a new dpfe and new hose it has been fine.

Add your comment to this topic!