Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

project 7

badassfocus1101
08-07-2005, 01:36 PM
well, me and (tubjub) tore into the car lastnight, took out the rad,cleaned it out,tore out the a/c changed the thermo, we changed the thermo first,drove it about 50 miles never got hot, had it up to 137.... fuck yea, fastest ive ever been, adrenaline pumpin like crazy, raced a mini cooper, he had no chance, almost got home and it overheated outta no where it was fine,then juss started gettin really hot, so we stoped, let it cool, brought it home, thats when we started tearin shit out, cleaned the rad, flushed it with some coolant cleaner, fixed some fins on it, got it all back together,started it up and was sprayin oil..( BROKE THE DAMN OIL LINE FROM THE OIL COOLER TO THE ENGINE) went and got a new one slapped it on, started it up, ran good but the rad hose on the engine is leakin,right at the engine top hose, so we gotta find sumthin out with that today, well we'll keep ya guys posted on our process, any help with the rad would be appreaciated...thanks

FDTT
08-08-2005, 02:28 AM
get a koyo or better rad in there and make up solid coolant lines with silicone couplers. Never blow a rad hose again :P

drftk1d
08-08-2005, 07:22 PM
how streetable is that though, cuz i was thinking about doing it myself

badassfocus1101
08-08-2005, 08:40 PM
FDTT.. what do you mean soild lines? and could u explain to me exactly how to do that, and u work on 7's right? where u located, caz if i cant fix this thing, im prolly gonna be sendin it somewhere....thanks.

badassfocus1101
08-08-2005, 08:51 PM
i want to put a cone filter on my 7, how can i do this? caz it has to have the maf sensor which on this car if F-n huge.

FDTT
08-08-2005, 11:43 PM
FDTT.. what do you mean soild lines? and could u explain to me exactly how to do that, and u work on 7's right? where u located, caz if i cant fix this thing, im prolly gonna be sendin it somewhere....thanks.

Im located in vancouver canada.

Solid lines=made of metal

I have made many of these. You basicly take a couple peices of aluminum tubing, and cut it to form the proper shap as the stock pipe(of make your own custom ones) then use silicone couplers and goor hose clamps. They last for a VERY long time, it iliminates the need to replace rad hoses. And at very high speed the lower rad hose can actualy kink, so this is a good option for that.
Its streetable, i have only experanced a problem when a customer made there own. For one they used steel (that means rust) and they made them to long (so they contacted metal and made noise because of engine vibration).

As for the cone air filter, you need an adapter plate. (i also make these) to fit an air filter to the car. I also make a special suport bracket of the maf as it is quite large and without the air box there it tends to fall down.

badassfocus1101
08-09-2005, 10:26 PM
welp FDTT check this, first off, could u make me an adapter plate and ship it to me? and how much would it cost? and how far would i be traveling to take this to you, caz u own a shop or sumthin right? well it definitly needs some pro help..lol.. i love this car to death, but its killin me, to many problems for me, so if u could gemme a good price id seriously consider comin to you. lemme know anythiung i need to know. get back to me bout that plate tho, im real interested in it, caz i really want a cone filter on my 7, the maf is all thats stoppin me, thanks man

FDTT
08-10-2005, 12:44 AM
Cone intake adapter is cheap, not worth paying for me to make it and ship it. You could get one of ebay cheaper.

Im not sure where you would be located, but if your not in Seattle, Alberta, or BC, then its going to cost to much to warrent the shipping of the car unless you want me to work the hole car over and basicly build you a race car :P

drftk1d
08-10-2005, 04:10 PM
I also make a special suport bracket of the maf as it is quite large and without the air box there it tends to fall down.

i ziptied my shit :P

badassfocus1101
08-10-2005, 04:59 PM
how do u have ur filter and maf sensor up tho? do you got one of these plates hes talkin bout?

FDTT
08-10-2005, 10:07 PM
Its a square qith a 3" hole cut in the middle. 4 holes drilled for the screws, and a 3/4" beice od 3" pipe welded onto the opening of the hole.

http://www.ppsonline.net/Intake_adapter.jpg
Similar to those.

I make a bracket with some 1inch thick aluminum and a bender. Just to properly suport the MAF so that it does not bounce around.

drftk1d
08-11-2005, 02:09 PM
how do u have ur filter and maf sensor up tho? do you got one of these plates hes talkin bout?

mine came with a plate but it was designed for a subaru (my friend gave it to me for free) so i just drilled new holes

Add your comment to this topic!