Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I got my first ticket, whats going to happen?

nikemykee
08-07-2005, 11:34 AM
I got a california speeding ticket doing 90 in a 65, this is my first ticket ever and I dont know what is going to happen. Will i get a fine and traffic school and that is it, will my insurance go up? will my license be suspended since I got my ticket when I was 17. my court date has not come yet and I already turned 18. Can someone please help me.

G-man422
08-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Um, you're prolly gonna have 2 pay a fine if its only your first ticket. But Cali. is kinda crazy when it comes to those speeding tickets.

Igovert500
08-08-2005, 02:17 PM
Yes your insurance will go up. I'd suggest either doing traffic school, or going to court and pleading not guilty and trying to get the judge to let you slide, since it is your first offense. However, you were 17 and driving 90mph, so he may not be very lenient.

Read other speeding ticket threads in this section, as there is tons of good advice, which I am not about to retype all of it. Also I hope your parents know, as they will find out if you are under their insurance or were driving a car in their name.

nikemykee
08-08-2005, 11:59 PM
will i really get in that much trouble for just my first offense

G-man422
08-09-2005, 06:44 AM
It just depends. you'll get a fine, and maybe your insurance will go up if you dont take that drivers course.

Igovert500
08-13-2005, 06:16 PM
will i really get in that much trouble for just my first offense

You were going 25mph over the limit. Yes you can almost lose your license for that.

lamehonda
08-18-2005, 11:45 PM
What will happen?

Six men in suits will show up.

The one in the white suit will be carrying a broomstick and a jar of anal lube. Don't worry.

My first was when I was 17 also and it was a 91 in a 55. I had to pay a $240 fine. That wasn't in Cali though. I have heard that the penaltys can be pretty harsh there.

Good luck.

ifidie2nite
08-21-2005, 12:34 PM
I got a california speeding ticket doing 90 in a 65, this is my first ticket ever and I dont know what is going to happen. Will i get a fine and traffic school and that is it, will my insurance go up? will my license be suspended since I got my ticket when I was 17. my court date has not come yet and I already turned 18. Can someone please help me.

Cali? As in LAPD? Well if you were black they woulda shot/beat you on the scene, but I take it that since ur posting here it means youre alive so you'll just have to pay a fine or ask for community service.

ZL1power69
09-12-2005, 09:21 PM
in MD u are alowed 1 probation before judgement. don't know about cali.
i got my first ticket (not a speeding ticket) when i was 17 also. the judge was a bitch and figured that i had to be a lier and gave me one point and $115 fine. go to court, and don't be an asshole there. be respectfull and u will most likely get reduced penalty.

buy the way, wtf were u doing 90 in a 65 for. i say either buy a good radar detector or slow the f*** down!

CBFryman
09-13-2005, 07:35 PM
glad i live in florida where if you elect to take the course your insurane cannot increase acourding to law unless you where involved in an at fault accident.

D_LinK
09-15-2005, 12:21 AM
Just hope your insurance doesnt catch it... it shouldn't be that big of a deal though since it is your first time... SLOW DOWN!

Lockdown_2001
10-02-2005, 12:32 AM
Huge fine, Points on license, possibly driver school, Insurance rapings etc. prolly wont lose license. here in CT thats reckless driving.

Add your comment to this topic!