Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

some1 please help with air susp. problem!

chrisracing
08-06-2005, 07:11 PM
I have a 93 crown victoria and the air ride isnt working. I started to check it over one day after work, found that the air pump isnt working.
So i popped open the fuse dist. under the dash and found the maxi fuse
blown for the circuit. Went and bought two more. installed one of them, started the car and boom it blew too. So i know i have a problem in either the wiring or the pump itself, which i figure is the wiring. Im thinking hard about switching it over to just reg. springs in the rear, but
i really want that air ride cause its soooo smootthh! haha...well anyway
does anyone happen to have a wiring diagram for this year of the pump?
So if anyone could help Id really appreciate it!

reekor
08-07-2005, 04:55 PM
I have a 93 crown victoria and the air ride isnt working. I started to check it over one day after work, found that the air pump isnt working.
So i popped open the fuse dist. under the dash and found the maxi fuse
blown for the circuit. Went and bought two more. installed one of them, started the car and boom it blew too. So i know i have a problem in either the wiring or the pump itself, which i figure is the wiring. Im thinking hard about switching it over to just reg. springs in the rear, but
i really want that air ride cause its soooo smootthh! haha...well anyway
does anyone happen to have a wiring diagram for this year of the pump?
So if anyone could help Id really appreciate it!

Seeing that you car is a 93, I'd bet on a seized air compressor. Unplug the compressor and try another fuse. If it still blows a fuse you got a short.

Add your comment to this topic!