Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

air intake

castillorio
08-06-2005, 11:39 AM
i know alot of people have the deckplate mod. welll so do i but i was wondering. wouldnt the resenators or those black boxes restrict the air from getting in? i think there was a thread about this but i wanted to know if a cold air intake with accell cool blue filter would be better? i have the amsoil filter to but i really dont like the resenators or those boxes. thanks in advance

ctesla
08-20-2005, 10:57 AM
just get that junk out of the engine bay.
seriously, it makes it look alot cleaner in there, and easier to work on, with only a single pipe to pull out.
if you have not done this yet, look around on the internet and/or parts houses;
(AutoZone in my area) carries a billet "piecemeal" system that you can buy and build your own custom intake, as it has swiveling pipes, different diameters, and 45-75degree pre-fabbed, or straight sections.
I purchased an Injen, and although I do like it, it was $200.
I think it was A1C? or AEM? that had a similar unit that I described from AutoZone, and even if purchasing all the components to build a cold air intake snorkel, your still under 2 bills.

hope this helps,
if more info needed, PM me,
chris
nrt racing

Scott Archer
12-17-2005, 05:00 PM
just get that junk out of the engine bay.
seriously, it makes it look alot cleaner in there, and easier to work on, with only a single pipe to pull out.
if you have not done this yet, look around on the internet and/or parts houses;
(AutoZone in my area) carries a billet "piecemeal" system that you can buy and build your own custom intake, as it has swiveling pipes, different diameters, and 45-75degree pre-fabbed, or straight sections.
I purchased an Injen, and although I do like it, it was $200.
I think it was A1C? or AEM? that had a similar unit that I described from AutoZone, and even if purchasing all the components to build a cold air intake snorkel, your still under 2 bills.

hope this helps,
if more info needed, PM me,
chris
nrt racing

Hey...sounds like you know what you're talking about with this ... I have been wanting to add a little "punch" to my 22RE on a 2-wheel drive 94, Pickup (last year before they called 'em Tacoma). I have seen lots of billet style units on E-bay and the like for reasonalbe $$$$$..but am afraid that I 'll not get the instructions to do it properly. My engine compartment is hilarious...the air intake box is way over on driver's side (with a metal "flapper plate" built in to the top of the air horn {looks like it plugs in via a pretty high-wire-count electrical connector})....frm there the air duct is routed directly over top of the radiator and A/C condenser & over to the passengers side where it goes into manifold ----and HOLY COW is there a ton of vacuum lines on intake.
I really want to clean this up.
What are my chances of getting through this without messing something up bad??

Add your comment to this topic!