Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need a good oppinion on my problem please!

shadowdood808
08-05-2005, 02:23 PM
I have an 89 Integra LS. Here's my problem: I can start my car and drive until its warm and then randomly the check engine light comes on and my engine shuts off. No studder, just dead. Then I can wait a couple minutes and it starts up fine, I can drive for another random ammount of time before it does the same thing. The check engine light is only on when the car randomly dies, it goes off as soon as the car starts up.

I don't know if this are side effects, but the accelerator is a lot tauter than it was before I was having this problem. The first time that it happened, I was goin down the highway at about 75, something that i believe my car did not like too much :-/

Any oppinions on this would be greatly appreciated before I go and spend a bunch of money! Someone told me that it might be an o2 sensor, but I'm not really sure on that. Thanks

fobearbc
08-07-2005, 08:28 PM
i have had the same problem with my 87 ls.. it is a little more than random with mine, it happens after i drive the car for more than 20 min. same symptoms though. ive tried a new cap, rotor, wires, plugs, timing, o2 sensor and ignition coil all to no effect. a few people told me it was a ignitor, a part of the dristubitor. i havent had a chance to change it yet as the head needed to be re-done after a timing belt snap and stripped head bolt threads... its back together now but still has that problem. might want to look into it

shadowdood808
08-08-2005, 12:47 AM
Well it hasn't happened in a couple of days, but I'm still afraid to drive it when its heated up. Ive got no new ideas though now with what you've said. Thanks though

Add your comment to this topic!