Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

more power

turbojusty
08-05-2005, 12:53 AM
Hi there,

I have an '88 Dodge Ram 100, 3.8 V6 TBI, 3 speed auto.

My problem is I dont have enough power, I'm towing an 25ft trailer with 2 dune buggies on it. As soon as I start to climb a hill it slows right down and even steppin on the gas doesnt really help, the engine just kinda revs higher. I know there is quite abit of wieght, but its not more than a mid to full size car.

So, if I could, I'd just drop an 8cyl into it, but I cant at the moment. But what I was thinking was to run a twin turbo setup using turbos out of a lebaron. These turbos arent too big and they arent that small either...if it was smaller it would be going my subaru justy.

This is why I am asking, I cant use the turbo on my little car, so I figured maybe using it on my truck. I know I can get another easy.

Heres a link to a pic of my truck and the buggies...just scroll down untill you see it.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2068180

If anyone has any comments, info or anything regarding this, please leave one...

thanx
mike

Austin8214
08-05-2005, 02:51 PM
Does your truck still have the CAT on it? If so get rid of it if you can.

Blylock
08-06-2005, 04:54 AM
im guessing the total weight of the tow is much more than your v6 can handle.

turbojusty
08-06-2005, 09:36 PM
yeah...it is, i know it is. thats why I want to do the twin turbo set up. again, if could, i would just swap the 6 for an 8, but I cant at the moment.

BleedDodge
08-07-2005, 01:24 AM
Why can you do turbochargers but no motor? At the moment.

turbojusty
08-07-2005, 10:16 AM
I already have the turbo, just have to get one more from the wreckers. I have the intercooler and blow off valve. one turbo from the wreckers wont be that much money. compared to a whole v8 with all the nessecary components for a swap.

Add your comment to this topic!