Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Accord coupe brake problem

cabsak
08-04-2005, 06:12 PM
I have a 2003 accord coupe had to replace brake pads and rotors at 15000, ever since the rotors were replaced I have had a shake in the front end, the rotors were replaced 3 more times and still vibration and pulsating in the front end, took it to the dealer and they told me that you have to use honda rotors and the vibration would go away. Why would they make after market parts if you cant use them?. Has anyone else had this problem?

BullShifter
08-05-2005, 01:01 AM
For some reason Honda's tend to be picking with brake parts, mainly pads but i've seen rotors issues as well.

If you need rotors & pads @ 15,000 in the front you need to lay off that pedal. Try driving normal for the first few hundred miles to allow the brakes to break in.

cabsak
08-05-2005, 11:00 AM
For some reason Honda's tend to be picking with brake parts, mainly pads but i've seen rotors issues as well.

If you need rotors & pads @ 15,000 in the front you need to lay off that pedal. Try driving normal for the first few hundred miles to allow the brakes to break in. I bought the car with 12000 miles on it I know how to drive a car, I recently read several articles about this year and model having many complaints about the brakes. I dont think its the way people are driving their car.

BullShifter
08-05-2005, 05:11 PM
Easy killer I'm not a mind reader. When I worked for Honda we saw more rear brake issues than front's, that's why i suggested to lay off the pedal.

Add your comment to this topic!