Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 chevy blazer Fuel pump problems

mako_37
08-04-2005, 05:57 PM
I pulled my blazer in the yard about a month ago, went to get into it later, wouldnt crank. I didnt hear the fuel pump working when I turned the key. I just put in the brand new pump less than a year ago. Anyway called my dad and he came over the next day, went too it and cranked right up pump working and all. Same thing happend 2 days ago and the pump wont start working just like it did the first time. I unclipped the electrical line in front of the rear pumper thought there might be a loose connection didnt help unhooked the + side from the battery hoping it was a reset problem, didnt help. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Was hoping I wouldnt have too drp the tank again. thanks Mike

BlazerLT
08-05-2005, 01:14 AM
So this happened just once?

mako_37
08-05-2005, 01:06 PM
Nope blazer this is the second time. I just got through checking the fuel pump fuse and it was ok even tried a new fuse didnt work. Checked the connection @ the bumper with test light but there was no fire there when the key was turned on. Any suggestion where i can look for a short or maybe removing the fuse box too see if there a loose connection there........thanks mike

tom3
08-05-2005, 02:57 PM
Could be a failing fuel pump relay, on firewall above the brake booster. Or, as happened to me, could be a bad connector in the fuel tank. Plug in connector in top inside of tank that gets corroded and charred. Real pain to have to take the tank out again and fix for sure. Hope it's just your relay, but the failsafe oil pressure switch should make it run I'd think? If you can find a wiring diagram there is a fuel system factory prime wire under the hood that is a direct connection to the pump, could eliminate all the controls to pinpoint the problem.

Add your comment to this topic!