Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

torque converter???

84problemchild
08-04-2005, 10:52 AM
my 1984 s10 blazer won't go more than 5mph without bucking. In reverse it's fine. This happened after a long drive back from the airport. I pulled into to get gas, went to leave and that's when my problem started. Some people tell me it's the torque converter, others tell me it's the tranny... Help!

RedLT
08-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Let me tell you what I have learned in my years. Get a new truck ..... there I said it. You and my older brother need to get to talking, he is in love with his old ass S-10 even though its rusted all over, runs like catsup, and wouldn't sell unless you paid someone to take it. 1984 Blazer .... I know not everyone has cash laying around, don't feel bad I don't either. I am about $40,000 in debt but I still found a way to get me a new Blazer. Stop eating fast food, live off noodles and food club soda and save up for a few months then go find you a new car or truck. I started off by selling an old truck I had for $300 used that and another $300 to get me a honda civic at a buy here pay here. Sold that for $1000 and used it to put down on another honda. Sold that for $1800 and used it to get my Camaro. Traded that for a Blazer and now I am only $2500 away from paying off the Blazer. I owned a few other cars too but they weren't used to work my way up the ladder. As soon as I get out of college I plan to do major work to my Blazer and buy me a new Trail Blazer (after I pay off some of my debt).

As for your problem, I am a computer guy not a mechanic. Ask BlazerLT im sure he will tell you to check a vaccum or something. :lol2:

84problemchild
08-04-2005, 01:31 PM
I'm too attached. Anybody else?

BlazerLT
08-04-2005, 11:02 PM
Check you transmission fluid level while hot idling in park.

Does the engine buck if you rev the engine while in park?

It doesn't do it at all in reverse?

Add your comment to this topic!