Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

what adhesives for PE parts?

mattsmith
08-03-2005, 07:15 AM
got ma studio27 detail set through. all very nice (and small!). have suddenly thought, what adhesives will work accurately and cleanly? surely polycement is gonna do jack'? so what should i use for metal to metal, and metal to plastic?

all help welcome, as this is my first try with PE parts, and i'm hopin to make a nice, detailed job of my suaber c9

smithy

pettercardoso
08-03-2005, 07:40 AM
I use 5min Araldite epoxy glue. It dries completely clear and makes a strong bond between metal/metal, plastic/metal...
Since I've tried it, I don't use anything else :)

MPWR
08-03-2005, 08:55 AM
It all depends on the part in question. Certainly, plastic cement won't work, but there are many options that will. 5 min epoxy certainly works, but I'd only use it for bonds that require alot of strength, otherwise, having to mess with a two part glue doen't seem worth the effort. CA glue ('super glue', 'crazy glue') is a good option, which most people use with PE. But as many PE parts are very small, I often just use white glue, or even acrylic clear to stick them in place.

Jaymes
08-03-2005, 12:34 PM
I used acrylic clear as mentioned above, and it's great because you can use the brush to move the piece around especially if it's small, and it won't blemish as harshly as glue if you mess up.

Vric
08-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Super glue or Epoxy

for very small part that need to be on the body, use Tamiya clear paint (it will act as a "glue" 100% transparent)

Add your comment to this topic!