Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Transmission problems

cutlasskenny
08-02-2005, 09:55 PM
95 Jimmy SLT 4X4 4L60E
Ok, so my tranny started shifting funny at first...slipout of OD sometimes, no check engine light but tried autozone and had codes ran, it came up one of the shift solenoids, i still drove it around the city and stuff, not much highway driving. today on my way somewhere it refused to shift out of 2nd for a long time. it acted fine the first 20 min, OD worked and everything just like a normal transmission, after stopping somewhere for about an hour i left and i only had 2nd gear. drove a lil while in 2nd since i was only going 35 or so. pulled over and turned it off for about 20 min and started off again, worked fine and shifted into 3rd for a stretch and as soon as it went to 2nd it was there to stay again. can anyone say if it is still just that solenoid or if driving on it may have ruined my tranny...

BlazerLT
08-03-2005, 04:05 PM
Yes, go get it fixed and stop driving around with a transmission that is having problems like that.

paulson
08-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Where is yoru transmission fluid level at?

I had somewhat similar problems and it ended up beign that my transmission's fluid line ruptured and there wasn't hardly any fluid left in it...

cutlasskenny
08-08-2005, 12:01 PM
OK I'm having a go at trying to fix this myself first...P0758 solenoid B, i read from previous posts it is on the passenger side behind the valve body, is there anything i need to know special? does it just pull out or any special tools needed? any info would be great

cutlasskenny
08-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Also read more on how sometimes it is ignition switch any way i could make sure it is one or the other?

cutlasskenny
08-11-2005, 09:35 AM
anyone?

blazes9395
08-11-2005, 09:39 PM
To change the solonoid, pull the pan, and replace the solonoid. The shift solonoids are at the back, two of them. It would be advisable to change both of them, seeing they are relativly cheap. To get them out, unplug it from the harness, pull the clip out that holds it in place, and pull straight out of the valve body. Put some trans oil on the new solonoids o-ring, and slide it back, put the clip back on, and plug it in...your done. Throw a new filter on it, clean your pan , new pan gasket, and put it all back together. Clear the codes when you are ready to drive it again, and then finally take it for a drive.

mjcman32
12-23-2009, 05:37 PM
What is the status of your problems same thing kinda happened to me, Thanks

Add your comment to this topic!