Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1969 blazer doors

blazin_blazer
08-02-2005, 07:03 PM
i recently bought a '69 blazer and want to know where to find the safari type lowwer door or rocker panel which ever it is called...i'm talking about the moulded in fiberglass bottom that replaces the doors ...any1 seen these or know who has them...also will the 1 ton axles i have under my '80 model swap out with the 6 lug axle under the '69...from what i can gather using lmc catalogs for the '80 body style and the '67-'72 parts catalog ..it looks like a simple swap..the part #'s are the same for the leave springs and the bushings and pins, shocks etc..looks like very little difference on frame where the shackles mount and the front leave spring mount other wise it looks like it will swap easily....thinking about using a 327 motor and a th 400 tranny out of a 2wd and use the divorced transfercase out of the '52 M-37 , i have been measuring and may try to put the huge axles out of the M-37 also i know i will have to move spring perches but is it worth it when i have 1 ton axles out of an '82 in my '80 that will swap around fairly easy it appears ..any1 have any comments on any of these topics

Add your comment to this topic!