Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Motor Swap

MetalFreak
08-02-2005, 02:54 PM
My friend wants to put a new motor in his probe but he doesnt want another probe motor, has anyone done this and what would be a motor that would easly fit?

shawnwilliams
08-04-2005, 06:03 AM
what years his probe.
for the first generation, you can only really put in stock engines exept you can put in the 3.0 or 3.2 from the SHO. For the second generation, there isn;t a hole lot of choice. YOu can only change into the jspec, there isn't really an engine a little more powerful. The 626, mx-6, mx-3 and probe all had the same engines (V6)

MetalFreak
08-05-2005, 10:46 PM
The cars a 94, do you think a eclipse motor would fit?

RIPPY
08-29-2005, 10:33 AM
I Would Go With The 626 Motor For The Swap...
And The Idea Of Putting An Eclipse Motor In A Ford Is A Dumb Idea..sorry

moe_96stangGT
08-29-2005, 10:44 AM
Yeah if you want an eclipse engine just get an eclipse, but i would say if he has a 94 definetly go for the klze engine. The klze engines put out about 200-210hp and with the ecu and driver will run high 13's. If the probe is a gt it's a straight bolt up, on the se probes i think you have to modify engine mounts.

shawnwilliams
08-29-2005, 03:56 PM
elciplse engine only had just over 200hp. The jspec has 200. and you save from chaning everything. The only thing good about that is that you can put a bigger turbo and put big numbers, but it look kindof off. i'm not dising mist, they have mist parts in the probe but it will look off. Trust me if you get the jpec and tune it and put a big exhaust, intake, headers, flywheel and clutch you'll have the time of your life.

Tach Holiday
01-12-2006, 12:43 AM
what years his probe.
for the first generation, you can only really put in stock engines exept you can put in the 3.0 or 3.2 from the SHO. For the second generation, there isn;t a hole lot of choice. YOu can only change into the jspec, there isn't really an engine a little more powerful. The 626, mx-6, mx-3 and probe all had the same engines (V6)

just a small correction, the mx-3 didnt have the 2.5 v6, it had a 1.8 v6 that was almost the same design

JimR
01-12-2006, 05:13 PM
anything is possable, but i would go with the ZE it would take the stock 164 hp to 193 hp, + its a direct swap and any mods like cold air, turbo/super would a greater effect on the new ZE. if you do change engines i would recomend Remaning (remanufacture for thow who dont know its where every thing is replaced pricey but its like a new engine) it and rebuild the trans. i didn't rebuild my trans and i blew the Dif pin in the trans.

i think most would agree that a Mazda/Ford engine in a mazda is better then having a Mazda/ Mits or Honda, is better. + changing engines means changing trans if you go out of Mazda.

Add your comment to this topic!