Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

spark plug replacement

hotrodrick
08-01-2005, 10:25 PM
I think I need to replace the spark plugs on my 1999 Ford Crown Vic. I recently bought this car for my son and have recently noticed a slight miss during loaded conditions. During idle or light loaded conditions, it seems to run fine. Since I don't have any record of the maintenance, I thought spark plugs would be a good place to start.

While I have a considerable amount of mechanic skills, they are limited to either older automobiles or GM products. Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.

Rick

BiggerJon
08-01-2005, 10:58 PM
aluminum heads. get motorcraft plugs. gap to .054". coil over packs are easy to remove. inspect boots. you do not have to remove the fuel rails. use just a dab of antiseeze. torque to 12 ft/lbs.

cobradude360
08-02-2005, 05:08 AM
theres nothing to this job just always even tell your son if he works on it use only motercraft or autolite plugs wires are of your choice but always moter craft or autolight as far as plugs hope this helps and good luck

benk518
08-04-2005, 01:25 AM
if one plug seems fouled down or out it may be the coil pack, had this problem replaced all plugs then had to go back and find coil pack that caused the problem.

Add your comment to this topic!