Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Voltage drain!!!

J-Roc
08-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Hi all,
I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I've been chasing this battery drain for a couple days, but still cant find out why my battery is draining. :disappoin I've replaced my neg. cables to the chassis and to the engine. I took off one of the grounds off the neg. battery terminal and hooked up a test light to the cable and the other end to the neg. terminal of the batt. The test light LIT and I began pulling the fuses from the power distribution block. I pulled the "I.P. fuse panel" 60 amp fuse and the light went immediately off. What is the "I.P. fuse panel" and what are its duties? :confused: Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

-Jeremy

J-Roc
08-02-2005, 04:31 AM
Well, just an update @ 2:35 am LOL... I did replace the starter relay with a known working one. I took off the old one, shook it, and you could hear loose metal bouncing around inside the housing. Also, when jumped, the batt would charge normally at 14+ volts. A restart would only result in FAST clicking coming from the starter relay. When in the RUN position, the voltage at the batt, goes down to 4-5 volts!!! Is this indicative of a bad starter? I'm going to try and smack it early in the morn. I need this rig back on the road, HELP!

B33p3r
08-02-2005, 08:47 AM
I believe that's the fuse which protects your interior fuse panel. Which means you narrowed it down but your not there yet. You need to do the same thing with the light but start pulling fuses out of the Interior fuse panel. Personally I'd start with the radio.

Add your comment to this topic!